Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Girls' Weekend

Last weekend, I joined six of my favorite gals in Hot Springs for a weekend full of fun, fun, fun and tons of laughing!! While there we celebrated Laura and Lauren's birthdays, made a trip to a spa (which was another funny story in and of itself), ate lots of yummy food, drank lots of yummy wine, and just enjoyed each other's company to the fullest.

I sure did miss Brad and Kate, but didn't quite realize just how good being away with friends and being irresponsible (the good kind...like eating too much good food and drinking too much good wine) would be for the soul. I feel like a new woman coming out of that one....I still break out in fits of laughter just thinking about the weekend. I could never have imagined a better time and I hope it was the beginning of an annual gathering.

Friday evening.
Then we put on our comfies and chatted and played Apples to Apples until the wee hours...

We headed out for dinner on Saturday night. If you like a VIP Menu, a Black Tie Menu, a Specials Menu, and a regular menu with 482 Italian dishes to choose from then Belle Arti is the place for you!! Why in the world do they have so many choices?!? I'm pretty sure I ended up ordering what my finger landed on when I closed my eyes.
Then, we headed next door to a quiet little paino bar which we made a little louder and then decided to leave for somewhere a little more lively. Has anyone ever been to Lucky's in Hot Springs?? Well, I have and my ipod playlist is a little more interesting because of it (and because of Melissa, too...she introduced me to some fun tunes that I love listening while cooking dinner and cleaning). Brad has also been to Lucky's and he said, "YOU girls went to Lucky's?!?" Ha...it was quite the place.
The next picture was taken around 2am. Surprisingly, we don't look too awful, even though I haven't seen post-2am since Kate was a newborn and believe you me that was not by choice and I can assure you I DID look awful! I just looked at this picture again and realized that this is the group (minus Mary who just gave birth to sweet little Eli on Jan. 20th...we missed ya Mar!) that I spent almost 7 weeks backpacking Europe with 9 years ago. I can't believe how young we were and how long ago that has been. I think that we should ALL go back...plus Melissa and Megan (not in picture) of course...I'll have to start saving for that one for sure!!
What a weekend...I had an amazing time and can't wait to do it again!!! Thanks girls!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Aren't girls weekends great? I've got one coming up soon and can't wait!! Glad you got refreshed and spent some great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could look at these pictures for hours. Like you, I still laugh my fanny off when I think about certain things from the weekend. And I love that picture at the bottom of all of us (minus Mary)....can you believe how much has changed since that trip? Thank you again for hosting us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun...enjoyed reading your blog..Great design.....I love it

    ReplyDelete