Well, Hodges is now 5 1/2 weeks old and working hard to figure out life outside the belly. He is a little on the fussy side during the days but sleeps well at night (usually 3 to 5 hour stretches). The poor little guy has a stuffy nose that Kate brought home from school so he snorts and coughs a lot right now...bless hims heart. He started smiling a little bit yesterday and is rolling over from his tummy to his back when we do tummy time...that's how much he just really doesn't like it..ha! I'm excited to see what the coming weeks bring...his personality is starting to develp a little more each week and I love it. While I don't want to rush things, I really am looking forward to him being closer to 3-4 months...I'm not much of a newborn person..ha!
And speaking of sweet...Kate is just about as sweet as she can be these days. We have good days and bad days still (as far as behavior goes) but she is 2, ya know! Mostly, she is very helpful, VERY loving, and very funny. She says some of the craziest things and I need to start writing some things down so I don't forget. This morning, she handed out papers to Brad and me and told us she was the teacher and that we were going to learn about puppies. She told us that puppies are brown and sometimes white and that they eat brown food. It was so fun to watch her mimick what her teachers do at school. She is also VERY into princesses right now and we are about to go into princess land after Christmas, I'm sure. Every time we go to the store we go "looking" at all of the toys and she tells us what she would like to have...ha! Her exact words are "I probably will want this". Also, she loves Hodges so very much and is the best big sister!!
Here is a sneak peak of our Christmas card pic...

Kate and Santa. She was a little bit freaked out that she had to sit on his lap. She walked up there and stood in front of him and began telling him about her list...and then he picked her up. The look she gave me was priceless. She did really well though but was much more comfortable when he let her go!

Brad put up lights on the house and tree this year for Kate...she loves them and asks often to go outside and see the lights.

This is Hodges' first "real" bath a few weeks ago when his awful belly button attachement finally fell off. I just really can't imagine how traumatic it is being born...especially for little boys. They have "stuff" going on everywhere! I probably minded more than he did though.

And here we are the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Kate is showing off her turkey hat she made at school and Hodges was taking a nap...he was almost 3 weeks old here. I am going to do my best to get some updated pictures soon. It's A LOT different with the second one. I don't have nearly the amount of time I had with Kate....and I thought it was soooo hard when she was a newborn. Life is just a little different with two but great nonetheless!
Sarah, your babies are so precious! Kate is BEAUTIFUL! And I'd love to get my hands on little Hodges to give him some squeezes!!! So glad life with 2 is going well!!! Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sweet little Kate just gets prettier and prettier every day! I cannot wait to see your Christmas card!!! And of course hug your necks in just a few shorts weeks! Counting down the days!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures! I can't believe how much Kate is growing and Hodges is such a pretty baby! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete