Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Cow Says Brrrrrrrr...

Kate is cracking me up with her animal sounds lately. In the last couple of weeks, she began imitating the sounds I made when we read each of her animal books. This is how our conversations went:

Me: A cow says "Mooooo"
Kate: Brrrrrrrr

Me: A horse says "Neighhhh"
Kate: Neh

Me: A chicken says "Bock, Bock"
Kate: Bog Bog Bog

Well, I thought this was just the neatest thing ever so we practiced our new "trick" over and over and showed anyone we could. I guess all the practice paid off. Yesterday (Mon.), we were reading books and I was half reading and half watching the morning news. I was kind of being a bad mommy because I wasn't doing our normal, "A cow says Moooo". Instead, I just pointed to the cow (the first animal in her fave book) and said "Cow". Low and behold, the girl said "Brrrrrr"!!! This caught my attention, so I ditched the news and focused on our book. Kate turned the page and I said, "Horse" and she said "Neh"!!!! At that point I figured that the cow sound was no coincident and did a giddy laugh (scared Kate) and told her how proud I was of her learning.

When Brad got home, we were soooo excited to show him her new skill. So, here's a little video of Kate saying some animal sounds. Sorry about my constant "a cow says", "a chicken says", etc....she needs a little coaxing. She was a little distracted by Brad being behind the camera and keeps saying, "hi" (sounds like "ha") and "daddy" (sounds like "dada"). Also, she was being silly with her sounds (that's the biggest Moooo I've ever heard her say and her 'bock, bock' gets a little out of control too) We're just so proud of her!!!

We had a big week and weekend last week so I'm off to start working on a post. Hope you all had a most special Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. You have every right to be proud!!! Sarah, she is so smart!! I've always been in awe at how advanced she seems. You have a smart girl on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious, she is such a smarty pants! I just can't get over it! I am grinning from ear to ear after watching that. She is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete