We have had a great summer so far. I'd be lying though, if I said I wasn't ready for Fall. It has been hot, hot, hot! This week, however, we have had some cooler temps and it definitely raised my spirits...and Kate's too. We, of course, headed to the zoo and both felt so good after being able to get out and about for a few hours without feeling like we're dying!! All the animals were happy, too!
My belly is growing and growing with baby Hodges. In fact, I really can't believe that I stil have so much time to go until he's born. This belly is going to be HUGE by that time!! We finally decided on his name: William Hodges and we'll call him Hodges. William is my dad's name and Hodges is Brad's mom's maiden name so we decided to keep it all in the family...ha! I am now almost 29 weeks and have scheduled his birthday (c-section) for the second week in November. There are 2 dates pending (Nov 8th or 11th)...depending on whether or not my doctor decides to go to a conference planned for that week. We continue to get more and more excited to meet him. Kate is so sweet and "communicates" with him via my belly button. Yesterday, she randomly ran over and lifted my shirt and said (into the belly button), "Wanna play playdough, Hodges?" She's the best big sister already!
Kate is now 2 years and 2 months old. We had a fun little party for her in June. We've had lots of fun swim dates with our sweet friends at their neighborhood pool and lots of playdates and get-togethers with our Lawton friends and Tulsa friends. In July, we took a little trip to Branson with my family. We were scheduled to go to the beach but a few (who shall remain nameless) chickened out of going due to the oil spill. Bummer! Branson was interesting, to say the least, but we had a fun time getting to be with family. The rest of the summer has been little weekend trips here and there and basically just staying inside where it's cool.
At the Butterfly Palace in Branson


Emily and Kate

Kate and Vivi at the Butterfly Palace. Vivi loved the butterflies fluttering around and Kate wasn't really too sure about them getting so close!

Emma and Sam by "Sam" the horse outside the Dixie Stampede.

Again, at the Butterfly Palace....

Cousins...minus Addy Jane.

Kate posing in front of our new red door.

Running at the park on a day that the high was only 96...ha!

Weeeee!

Before church one Sunday.

At her first concert at the neighborhood library: Mr. Stinky Feet and the Hiccups...she loved it!

She and Brad got to go "on stage" and help the band with some back up instruments.

Meeting some friend from "home"...how great to get to visit with them!

Tea party with Papa...

Bathtub fun....

Making pizzas...

Washing off toys, strollers, etc one evening...

We hope you all have been having tons of fun this summer and staying cool! Kate is back in MDO for the Fall and we are both happy about that! We were ready to have a little break from eachother...ha! I'll tell you what, though, even though she makes me wonder where on earth my sweet little girl went sometimes, I really can't imagine our lives without our dynamic Kate. She's the best...in our opinion!
Looks like you guys have been pretty busy. I'm loving your bangs and I can't wait to meet Hodges. :)
ReplyDeleteWe think of all of you often! Hope all is well! Can't wait for Mr. Hodges to make his arrival into the Thomas Family. Love, Bobby & Taylor
ReplyDelete