Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweet Hodges....1 Week Old

Well, our sweet little boy has been here for a week now. He really is such a sweet baby...I can see it in his eyes. He definitely has his Daddy's gentle personality...and a little of my impatience, especially when it comes to wanting to eat. He goes from zero to starving in no time at all. Kate is a really great big sister and really seems to delight in anything to do with Baby Brover (what she calls him). She likes to hold him, help feed him and comfort him when he's crying ("don't worry, baby brover!"). The girl melts my heart. As far as her adusting to our family addition, she seems to cry a lot more when she doesn't get what she wants and is more overall weepy about things and that makes me very sad but I know she will adjust and it will one day be as if he has always been with us. Overall, I would say she is a giant trooper and makes me even more proud of her.

My mom has been here since the big event and has been a Godsend. She has kept Kate busy and has just helped here and there with whatever needs to be done. When she leaves, Brad's mom will join us and be tons of help as well. We do appreciate the help so very much!!


I'm going to try and make a post about his birthday later on. He ended up coming 4 days before he was scheduled (repeat csection) which really threw me for a loop! I was, however, so glad to finally get to meet him! Hope you all are having a great day! Off to pick up big sis from MDO!

5 comments:

  1. Sarah...he is SO cute. Sounds like Kate is doing a great job of being a big sister. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah.....he is precious! I can't wait to hold him...hopefully it will be someday soon!! Glad things are going well at the Thomas household...congratulations on being a mommy again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sarah - they're both adorable! And your mom looks great - just the same as I remember her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see pics of baby Hodges! Hope you are all doing well! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, what a great story. I am so happy for you guys. Little Kate already looks like she knows her role as big sis. I'm 5 weeks out from my scheduled c-section and realizing quickly I have a lot to do! Love, Love, Love Kate's shirt! So glad you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete