Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good times, good times...

I'm having trouble being a good blogger lately. I get reminders from my sweet sister Emily and I just haven't made the time to sit down and update. Gone are the days when I could hang out on the computer most of the day. Please bear with me...when I update so seldomly, there are lots and lots of pictures to include. Here it goes:
Kate is all over the place these days. She runs a lot, talks a lot, and shows her independence A LOT (that's a nice way of saying she can throw a mean tantrum). She is such a little lover and passes out hugs and kisses all the time. She has recently started running up to us and hugging our legs when she needs a little loving and she seems to know when we're down and knows just what to do to cheer us up.
I know I say this all the time, but I am amazed by her every day and how quickly she learns. She is constantly repeating a lot of what I say. I can honestly say that I have done a bang up job at watching my mouth around her and rarely say un-nice words anymore period. However, we were driving in the car today and we were in an unfamiliar area and the gas light came on. I accidentally slipped with a "shhhh*t". I quickly tried to recover by saying "sheesh" over and over because my little monkey in the back was saying "shhhht, shhhht". Finally, we were almost home and she had stopped saying it when, low and behold, a police officer pulled right behind us and started his siren and lights. Out flew another "shhh*t"(he was going after someone else) and Kate followed suit. Oops.
Since she thinks she's such a big girl, she likes to sit/stand in the chair by herself to Skype with DeDe (that's what the grandkids call my mom). She has only fallen off once and it was traumatic to say the least. I swear I saw it all in slow motion but just couldn't get to her fast enough. I thought that would cure her insistance on standing by herself but...not such luck.
We recently experienced our first "real" cold and ear infection. I thought that since we made it a whole year without being sick that we had missed ear infections all together...not so. This is the best picture I could get of our sickly little girl. She never lost her appetite (she's DEFINITELY our child) but she acted very puny and clingy. Don't her little eyes look pitiful??
When it hasn't been raining, we try to get outside as much as possible. Kate could stay outside all day and all night...she loves it and throws a fit when we have to come inside.
This is Miss Priss eating her waffle ("opple") like a big girl.
And, of course, we can't start our morning without coffee. Brad brings me a cup in bed every morning and Kate likes to act like she's enjoying some morning joe when I'm finished. She is mesmerized by one of her favorite cartoons ("toons").
Doing what she does best.....acting like a big girl in something of mine. She is slightly obsessed with all glasses ("gasses") and loves to wear them. We have had many struggles over "gasses" lately! My favorite (well, most embarrassing) sunglasses struggle came during the homily at Mass. The priest actually stopped and waited for us to take her out. Ugh...that was e.m.b.a.r.r.a.s.s.i.n.g.
Another thing that she is really into these day is coloring. In this picture, she was making a birthday card for her Sissy (Brad's mom). Her birthday was September 20 and we went to Fort Smith to spend the weekend with her....it was a fun weekend!! Happy Birthday Fran!!
Kate has lots to do at her Papa and Sissy's house. They have a big driveway and lots of things to play with outside. She had the best time being pushed around in the little truck....watch out!!
Go Hogs!!
Kate got a special package in the mail...some crayons to add to her collection!! Did I mention she loves to color?!?! She is now understanding to color only on the paper, but before we got to that lesson she colored all over one of the kitchen cabinets...pink. Thank goodness for the Magic Eraser!!
Here is Kate on her way to her 15 month check up. Her stats: 26 lbs (85%), 31 1/2 inches tall (75%), and 19cm head (95%). She was so good for Dr. Crittendon. She sat big and tall for him and let him check her out. Unfortunately, he found that she STILL had an ear infection (despite 10 days of antibiotic) and that her other ear was also infected. He said it was pretty bad and was surprised that she was so upbeat. I felt horrible because she had pulled on one of her ears a couple of times but I thought it was nothing because she had just finished the antibiotic. Apparently, Amoxicilin doesn't work on all babies. She got a stronger med and I'm hoping that will work for her. We'll go back in two weeks to get a look at her ears and get immunizations.

We also got some great news from my brother and sister-in-law last week....Vivi is going to have a little sister!! We're so excited for them and can't wait to meet her!

5 comments:

  1. I have missed your posts and seeing pictures of Miss Kate!! She is growing up before my eyes and getting cuter by the day!
    I love the family pics too, you all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, I can imagine your embarrassment from church and the priest waiting on you to take her out! OMG! I think I'd have died. I understand we can't have the kids throwing a fit, but Deacon John told us that if someone's making a fuss or giving dirty looks about our kid making noise then they aren't truly paying attention - ha! Do you think you should tell the priest that? :)

    Kate reminds me so much of Ava. Ava is such a daredevil and has to do EVERYTHING for herself. Such a struggle. The girl can also throw a mean tantrum too. It stinks! I thought that was supposed to wait until they were a little older!

    Seriously though, Kate is precious. I love all of her clothes too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those pictures, Sarah! Kate is adorable even when she's feeling under the weather. It makes me just want to snuggle her. I got a good chuckle from your story about getting pulled over...kids are like little tape recorders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stories and pictures! She is getting so big...love all her outfits and bows. Vivian has those same pj's. I love that she loves glasses...she will be an accessories girl! Skype is a good idea for chatting with family...I need to have my parents get on there!
    Congrats on being a Aunt again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a cutie! Crystal said she wanted her to hold her the entire time they were there, and she just loved it! How sweet! BTW, I love your blog! Was it hard to pick out a background from JenGetsFancy? I really want to....bad! lol, but I am a HORRIBLE decision maker!

    ReplyDelete