Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oh How We LOVE Fall!!!

Wow...the weather lately has been WONDERFUL!! It has been a little overcast here the last few days but I definitely can't complain about the fact that the temperature hasn't exceeded 65 degrees...love it!! We have been enjoying the start of the Fall Season with homemade chili and soup, lots of football, lots of school activities, and lots of outside time.

Kate really seems to be enjoying going to school lately. She doesn't cry when I drop her off anymore and that gives me a lot of comfort. The big fundraiser for FPS is a Halloween Carnival and Auction at the end of the month. I have been able to help with Kate's class' art project (they'll be for sale at the carnival) this week and it's been a blast!! The best part has been getting to have a bird's eye view of Kate playing with her classmates and teachers. Let me just tell you....it melts my heart! She is the oldest in her class and, for sure, demands the most attention...ha. She plays by herself a lot but also goes around to the other kids and "checks in" to make sure they aren't doing something she would rather be doing...it's the funniest thing. She also likes to hang out around the snack table and her teachers were so glad that I cleared up the "tootoo" mystery. Apparently, she always asks for cookies ("tootoo") at school as well..haha!!!

We took Kate to the Oklahoma State Fair a couple of weekends ago. We went at 9 am on a Saturday morning and, thankfully, missed most of the normal Fair action. We stayed around the barns and children's area to see all of the different animals there.

Here is the sheep exhibit in Agtropolis. Kate got to showcase her animal sounds a lot and the people around us got a kick out of her "Baaaa, Baaaa" when she saw the sheep!
Here she is coloring with Daddy. She really loves sitting at her table and chairs to color. Most days, we color in the mornings and I will, eventually, get up and do some things around the house while she sits at her coloring station. She talks to me the whole time: telling me what she's drawing and making sure I'm not too far away, I suppose. She has become quite the chatter box lately. I tried to get a video of her coloring at her table but she was in the mood to be up and at 'em. We are working on counting and so far the only number she knows is 2. She says it 5 times and thinks she's counted along...presh!!! You can kind of see her mad counting skills in the video..ha!!

Every evening when Brad gets home from work, she runs straight to him for hugs and kisses....and then grabs his pen that he keeps in his shirt pocket. Just one of those things I don't want to forget.
She is a big helper when it comes to anything going on inside and/or outside. Here, she has a little digger thing that I was using to get the sign to stay put in the bed.
Here she is wearing one of Brad's hats. That's a big thing for her lately!!
Here she is, helping put together the carpet steamer. Dixie stepped in poo poo (gross, I know) the other day so we had to go out and get something to deep clean the carpet and rug after we spot cleaned for hours. Like I said, Kate loves to be a big helper!!
Hope you all are enjoying the Fall weather and festivities!!!

5 comments:

  1. Those eyes get me every time!!! She is such a doll. I cannot wait to see her....and you and Brad too of course! We went to our fair a few weeks ago too. We snuck in one day after work before it had officially opened so like yall, we kind of had the place to ourselves! Its a much different experience that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the video...what is it about 2? Parker is stuck there too! Every time I start counting he catches on by #2, but then won't go any further!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet words, Sarah! This biting situation has been quite dramatic! Thanks for the tip on FM - I have actually looked there but they have a long waiting list - in fact, I still haven't gotten a call from putting my name on there when I was like 12 weeks pregnant - ha! But I'm on some lists!

    Now then - Kate is growing up SO FAST!! Her little voice is so adorable! My mom got my cousin some of those crayons for her birthday and they said I need to get Ava some of those. I love watching Kate and see what she's doing knowing we'll be there shortly! Hope you guys have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could she be any cuter????? We miss her! We can't wait for some pumpkin pickin' this month!!! Thanks for updating your blog, you are inspiring me to start getting into mine again.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    I'm behind on reading blogs. So the last two posts were so cute. I'm sorry to hear that she has an ear infection. She is getting so big. Her hair is getting long, she is such a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete