Monday, March 8, 2010

Kater Gater

Play-Dough is big fun in our house. Kate is constantly pointing to where we keep it and saying "pay-O, pay-O peez!!". Brad and I love chaneling our inner child and creating fun things for her to see with the play dough. She is very into cupcakes right now so I made her one out of play-dough...she loved it! She is trying to blow out the candle in the picture.
I think that she is really learning how to pretend play without me leading her. As I mentioned before, she loves caring for her babies...most of all, she loves to swaddle them and feed bottles. She got this awesome kitchen from her Sissy and Papa for Christmas and is now really beginning to enjoy it. Every evening, she cooks something up in her kitchen while I'm cooking something up in my kitchen!
Sally and Molly Kate came over from Tulsa last week and we had a wonderful tme, as usual. Here are the girls partaking in a little painting project. I am thinking that Kate is going to be somewhat artistic (or at least, enjoy doing art and craft projects) because she sits down at her table to color about 58 times a day, she loves drawing with her sidewalk chalk, and could have painted on the canvas for hours. They painted pottery bowls at school last week and the art teacher told me that she had so much fun and followed directions well.
I have taken a couple of videos of Kater Gater yacking. She is saying a lot these days. Brad and I can de-code most of what she says and we just love it....Brad said it's like playing Catch Phrase, trying to determine what she is saying!
In this video, Kate is pretending to bake cupcakes. I usually let her watch TV in the mornings and in the afternoons but we play with blocks, puzzles, babies, kitchen, and her other toys in the meantime. It's super easy to leave the TV on all day, but I feel guilty when I do that. So, she normally asks for Elmo or Dora periodically throughout the day. She never really seems bothered when I tell her no, she just suggests something else we can do, like go bye bye in the car. She is so funny!



And this video showcases her technological skills. I have a few apps on my phone for Kate. In this video, she is playing a color game called Hippo Colors...it gives her commands and when she chooses correctly, it praises her with words like, "awesome", "you rock", "good job". FYI: The other app she LOVES is called SoundTouch...it's great and it kept her busy during a half an hour wait at the restaurant the other day...defnitely a good one for toddlers!!!

3 comments:

  1. stop it....she is just too darn cute! Between Kater Gater's videos and Haley's pictures of Stella I am grinning from ear to ear this morning! I am going to have to let Parker watch the video of Kate playing with the phone. Nate has a few apps that Parker loves to play with so I know he'll get a kick out of watching Kate. We miss you guys!!! Might have to find a time to come visit OKC soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting so big! And cute as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! We watched this at while having breakfast this morning and we all got a good giggle. How funny to hear her say "awesome" and "you rock!" Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete