Waffles - sounds like opples (she has blueberries and a waffle for breakfast every morning...)
Blueberries - boo bee (yep, i know what else it sounds like)
Milk - mik
All Done - ahh done...when she wants to get out of high chair, stroller, wagon, or anything else she's tired of doing.
Diaper - dipah
Grandpa - papaw
Momma, Daddy, Dixie, etc...
Night, Night
Hello? - she says this while holding anything she can get ahold of up to her ear. the other day, we were in the laundry room and i went running for the phone (it was ringing) and i got it and came back in and she had a diaper up to her ear saying Hello???
She points to people in pictures if you ask her to find someone. And can say (and point to) Sissy, Papa, Granpa, DeDe, Abby (says Abba) and Emma (her best word...sounds just like Emma..kate just stresses the m's), Vivi, Mommy and Daddy.
And, last night I was reading a recipe to my mom while we were on Skype and Kate picked up the cook book and started pointing to the words and talking a lot like she was reading...it was presh!!!
Another thing I haven't written down yet is that she is no longer taking a bottle. Brad and I weren't really all that ready for her to stop having her night-time bottle but she was ready. One night before we left for FL, she looked at it strangely...we tried to put it in her mouth and she kind of chewed on the nipple like she had no idea what to do with it and pushed it away. And that was it. What am I going to do if I ever have a difficult child?? Kate has spoiled me rotten!!! Seriously, I'm afraid of what's in store for me with her sisters/brothers!!
Sarah, I wanted to share something I did with Griffin when he was about Kate's age that we both enjoyed, a picture board. I have it somewhere on my blog. I just looked for objects in magazines (animals, pancakes, fruit, veggies, cars, a house, etc.) and glued then to a foam board. He loved being able to point out objects early on, then later he could point and say the word. A fun learning, search game. We still have it, it has been well loved and pretty shabby looking and he still pulls it out from time to time. I think I am going to make one with numbers, colors and the alphabet since that is what we are working on now. Then I will do one with easy sight words.
ReplyDelete