I was chatting with my mom the other day and she asked if I had tried pulling up a chair to let Kate "help" me cook. It hadn't even crossed my mind...I thought she was too little. But, last night, she helped me and it was so fun! I was making a salad with an avacado/lime dressing that is one of her FAVES...so she had another reason to like helping me. She pretty much just stood there and sampled everything I was cutting up/preparing. She stuffed tomatoes into her mouth by the handfuls. I thought she didn't like tomatoes...guess I was wrong.
Ever since we have been back from vacation, she has been extra clingy and fussy. Each day we're home, she seems a little better but she's been spending a lot of time on my hip in the mean time. I just get tired of trying to explain to her that she can play around me but not right on me so I give in and end up holding her a lot...ha! The "cooking" was a perfect solution. She could be RIGHT beside me and I had dinner finished by the time Brad got home from work.
Also, we have been dancing a lot around here. The Shepard family introduced us to The Laurie Berkner Band and we love their music! Well, I saw that Noggin was doing a special LBB concert so I DVR'd it for Kate to see what she would do. (It's called Let's Hear it For....LBB if you want to search for the next showing on your cable) She loves it and dances (spins) and claps and pats her leg!! I'm pretty sure she got my rhythm...non-existant but has fun nonetheless. Here is a video...pardon my singing...I know all the words and can't help myself from singing along!! So, sorry!!! Also, notice her gold shoes...she found them in her closet and, of course brought them in to show off what she had found, so we tried them on. They're really for Fall and still a little big...I found them on sale for 10 bucks at Target....kinda cute but I'll have to watch her to make sure she doesn't get blisters!! Unfortunately, I cannot wear Target or Payless shoes b/c they KILL my feet. On the flip side, unfortunately, I can't afford to wear anything else...ha...just not too many of anything else...thank goodness for DSW!!! And Brad thanks his lucky stars every day that he didn't fall in love with a "shoe horse"!!
Hope you're all having a wonderful week! It is hot, hot, hot here (supposed to be 107 today) but we're looking forward to a much cooler weekend....at least that's what the weatherman says so we'll see. Kate had another great day at MDO this week....she took an hour and a half nap...what?!? I stayed around the house and did some things all by myself...no little helper/cling-on...it was nice!!
She is getting so big. We pull the chair up so our Kate can help us too. I don't think Luke is interested...he does love for me to hold him...constantly! Love the dancing. We listen to that band also. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteShe's too cute! Loved the dancing! Your avocado/lime dressing sounds delicious! You may need to share the recipe! :) Hope the clingy-ness gets better soon!!
ReplyDeleteokay, i agree with previous poster....must share this avocado/lime dressing recipe asap!;) love watching her dance...so grown up.
ReplyDeleteSounds like she needs a sibling to cling to??? Glad MDO is going so well. I am not teaching this year so Austin will be going to pre-school and Vivian and I will be staying home together. Austin pulls a chair up to do everything...pull snacks out of the pantry, help with dishes, you name it!
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to watch that video again! I love it....she is too cute, that little princess.
ReplyDeleteI love your singing....you just could not hold back :)