Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catch Up

Kate is not feeling well today...she's had a fever since last night. I feel bad that she feels bad but I do feel good about all of the snuggling time I've been granted this morning. She is down to one nap a day lately, but today she wanted an early one as well. I don't mind, it gives me time to play on the computer and catch up on what she's been up to lately!!

A few weeks ago, we visited my parents and Brad's dad in Atlanta. The pictures above are some that my mom took and emailed to me...guess that's why they're so tiny. Also, I can't move pictures around on blogger anymore...sheesh! Here are some more pictures of our visit.

I did something I said I would NEVER do (that happens a lot now that I actually have a child): I put a leash on Kate...ha!! Since she is our household runner (pretty much non-stop), I thought it would help in the airport. It worked pretty well but I think we would have been fine without it. She now just uses the bear backpack ("back-back" as K calls it) around the house for fun.
My parents got Kate a fun outfit from a favorite store.....they got lots of mix and match pieces but here is a picture of her modeling the jumper. I think we all get way more excited about clothes than she does (her face says it all)...hee hee!
Kate and Auntie Em....
My Mom and Dad celebrated 39 YEARS while we were there!!! My Dad had 39 roses delivered in honor of their day!!
For Father's Day, my Dad got a Green Egg....he smoked some delicious pork. Brad was helping him prep the meat.
The day after their anniversary was my mom's bday. She is actually 6 months older than my dad and wanted to get married the day before her bday so that the announcement would say they were the same age on their wedding day....haha! Silly, DeDe....she quickly figured out that age doesn't really matter...just as long as you're with the right guy!!
Kate and her Daddy and Boomer....that's what the grandkids call him. Kate says "Booboo".
Brad left us a few days before we headed back and this is Kate giving him lovin' before he left for the airport.
My mom has this little chair at her house for little people who come visit and Kate loved it!! She would sit in it and then make my mom rock the chair and sing to her.
One night while we were there, I went with my mom to a ladies gathering at a neighbor's house. My Dad and Kate held down the fort.
And here is Miss Priss this past weekend. Brad worked in the flowerbeds and I planted some Mums in a pot for our front porch... and Kate helped. She had the best time!!
She watered the flowers...
and herself, too!

Kate started Fall MDO this week. She's been a little clingy with me lately, so I was nervous about how she would do when I dropped her off for her first day. She just walked right in, said "bye bye", and went to play with her friends. I was happy she was happy, but thought she may at least give me a little sign that she would miss me bunches...not so much!! That's okay though, could be much worse!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I was also the person who always said I wouldn't leash my child. And G is leashed A LOT. We use it everytime we fly, and it has really helped us... especially when I fly alone. And he actually asks for it often so he doesn't have to get in the stroller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I say it in every comment that I leave, but Kate is so cute! I love the picture where you can see her little teeth. I hope that she is feeling better. It looks like you had a great time in Atlanta. Your parents look great!

    ReplyDelete