Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Summer!!!

Wow...I was looking at the last time I blogged and it was almost 2 months ago!!! Therefore, this post contains a ton of pictures! I have to say, though, I am horrible about taking pictures lately and that is driving me crazy! My resolution (this week) is to be better about my picture-taking.
We have had a fun, fun, fun and busy summer so far! We've had several chances to visit with family and have had lots to do around here as far as our house goes. Let's see what's been happening:
Well, our biggest news is that we're expecting a new baby in November!! We are just beside ourselves with excitement and Kate is very sweet about the "baby seeping Mama's tummy". I'm not sure she understands enough to actually know what is really going on.
I always wondered if I would be just as excited about subsequent children as I was and am about Kate and I can honestly say that I'm having no problems in that department. It's just as exciting the second time around. Actually, I would say it may be a little MORE exciting because all of the little things I worried about with my first just aren't there. Of course, I was nervous in the beginning hoping all was well with the little peanut in there, but now that I am well into the second trimester I feel more relaxed and so excited to meet who is in there!!! We go for the big ultrasound tomorrow to see who is hanging out in there....we almost can't wait!!!
And here is our first little miracle making a Dora mustache...she's such a creative one...ha! We have about 24 boxes of Dora band-aids (because I am a bad mom/sucker and give-in when she is crying for a box at the grocery store) so we do a lot of things with them. We've really only had one real boo boo to "fix" with the band-aids but I have to say they must be magic, because her tears dried up instantly when Dora came into the picture.
And here she is with her favorite "baby goat". She loves going to the zoo. My sisters laugh about all the time we spend at the zoo but it really is a great thing for Kate and I to do together during the week. There is a lot to see and do.
On this particular trip, we got to see Brock, Taylor, Laurie and Will. What a treat!
Another favorite activity...playdough!!
We hung a basket of sweet potatoe vine on our porch and shortly thereafter, we had some new little birdie friends hatch. We loved checking on our baby birds each day and we were (okay, maybe just me) really sad when they got big enough and flew away. Brad thinks they came back to visit the other day...I hope so!!
And here is Miss Priss with a mouthful of doughnut!!! On some Sunday mornings, Brad will get out and get doughnuts...Kate and I love it! In fact, if you ask her what she wants for any meal she will usually say doughnut...or pizza!
We spent Memorial Day with some family in town! It was so fun to swim and catch up!!! Oh, and the food was DEEE-lish!!!
This is Kate's first popsicle. I never even thought to buy any for our house...ha! The next day, she asked for a popsicle and I told her to remind me to buy them the next time we went to the store. I'll be darned if she didn't say, "Mama..go grocery store, buy popsicles!" the next time we drove by Walmart. Smartie pants!
Last week we went to Arkansas to stay with my sister for a few days. While there, we got to see my mom, Brad's parents, and a couple of friends!! Again, didn't take many pictures but this is what I got!
Emma, Sam and Kate watching something on the phone.
At the ballpark.
Kate cheering for Sam!!
Sam up to bat!
I just realized these are all out of order!! Anywho, we got a BAD hail storm in May. It sounded like boulders falling from the sky. It was so scary and caused a lot of damage for a lot of people, including us. We have since gotten a new roof and will soon be getting new windows because several are broken. Brad's poor car took a beating and the rest has just been many, many weekends spent cleaning up the yard. It could always be worse though...

Here is Kate's attempt at chocolate milk. I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and she went and got the bottle of chocolate syrup to mix with her cup of milk and ended up pouring it all over herself instead. She got my attention by yelling, "feet wet, feet wet!!" (she doesn't really like to get wet or dirty all that much). She was devastated by the mess she created!!
In early May, we went to Fsm to celebrate Emma's 1st Communion and then to Fayetteville to celebrate Addy Jane's Baptism. It was a beautiful weekend spent with family!! Two wonderful occasions were celebrated. I forgot to get my camera out of the car in Fayetteville, but got a couple in Fsm.
Kate and Vivi (I guess their ability to wreck a hairdo runs in the family...hee hee) on the swing. They both looked so pretty in their dresses and bows but they had better things to do than keep up the look..ah! I must say that they're both pretty darn cute no matter what they're wearing or not wearing!!
Emma in her First Communion dress...beautiful!!!
We've been spending lots of time outside lately!! These were taken in early May when it wasn't so humid outside.
Kate painting her garden box. We had NOTHING grow. We were going to just blame it on the hail storm but I think we were doomed from the beginning. We planted too late and too much in the little space. Oh well, it was fun getting it together.
At the nearby school walking path.
And here is Kate looking all grown up, laying in the floor watching some TV. I love this little girl so, so much!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Its about time!
    I love all of the pics. Kate is looking so pretty and grown up. I love the doughnut picture...actually, that is probably the same face I would make if I got to eat a doughnut! HAHA!
    I want to see a belly shot of new baby Thomas...I will be expecting that in your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new family member!!

    ReplyDelete