Papa and Sissy brought Kate an Easter basket filled with some adorable play clothes and her first box of animal crackers!! I'm hoping the weather will be nice this week so she'll be able to try out some of her cute new duds.
I didn't get any pictures of our wonderful meal on Saturday night but it was delicious and fun! I have to share what happened to my poor camera that made me miss the meal pics. The strap came undone while we were in Bricktown and the camera fell flat on its lens on the brick. After that, it would turn on but wouldn't take a picture. I was just sick about it but didn't want to worry too much about it and let it rain on my fun weekend. Miraculously, Brad got it up and going on Sunday morning....I love him!!! Well, I love him for many reasons but that's just one. After dinner, we watched Twilight....I think I may be the only woman in my age group who didn't wait in any lines to see it. And, (don't throw pumpkins at my house for the following comment) but I probably would have been a little disappointed if I had waited in said lines....I was out cold after an hour.
We got up Easter morning and headed to IHOP in our comfies. Brad's parents headed back to Fort Smith and we put Kate down for a nap in preparation for 12:15 Mass.
Getting ready for Mass
Ready!! Let's go!
Kate was such a good little girl at church...only a few squirmies...but considering it lasted an hour and a half we think she did GREAT!! The people behind us were so sweet to her....I thanked them for their patience and occasional entertaining. The Easter Bunny visited while we were at church and Kate had a big time digging through her goodies. That Easter bunny is good....he brought all of her faves, including a book...that we looked at 352 times today...ha!!
And this is an attempt at getting a family picture using the camera's timer function. Definitely not the best but it'll do. What can I say....there's a lot of pressure when you're using the timer...even though it takes forever to take the picture you always think it might take earlier. Who knows??
The rest of the day was LAZY!! We only left the house once to take an Easter Lily to our neighbors. They also had an Easter basket waiting for Kate...it had lots of candy in it but we didn't have the heart to tell them that she doesn't exactly eat candy yet. They're so sweet though!!
Kate's Sissy brought deviled eggs and Kate LOVED them. I'm going to have to make them again for her soon. She also loves grapes....the other food on her tray. She pretty much won't eat "baby" food anymore. She wants what we're having and that's perfectly fine with me. It keeps me on track with preparing healthy and well-rounded meals for the whole fam...and I don't have to smell some of that yuck smelling jarred food anymore!
I didn't like the Twilight movie either... but I loved the books! Kate looks so precious in her Easter dress!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! And the Twilight movie wasn't that good....the books are awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the family pic!! She is so beautiful her big eyes and her dress was perfectly easter!!! Glad you all had a good one!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet pretty girl! :) I love her digging through her Easter basket! She's a smart one! Btw, I haven't seen the Twilight movie yet! I am a couple hundred pages into the book and thought if I liked the book, I might see the movie. It takes forever to read anything these days though!
ReplyDeleteLove her dress. You all look so pretty...glad you had a good Easter. I bet she is moving everywhere. Love to see pics of her.
ReplyDeleteSarah, if the video isn't too long, I would LOVE to see it!! I love that Kate enjoys the videos so much - SO precious!!!!!! If you post it, I'll have to let Ava watch!
ReplyDelete