Friday, April 3, 2009

She won't be running a marathon anytime soon...

but...our Kater-poo walked tonight!! I can't believe it! I don't know if it actually counts as walking but she took lots of steps throughout the evening. I actually started crying a little bit. It's not that I don't want her to walk but I feel like it's all uphill from now on....my baby is becoming a little girl...boo hoo! However, the look of sheer pride on her face is worth it...she likes her new skill!!

She was walking between Brad and I and I was filming so that's why you only see her from behind. She seems to walk best on "her" rug. I put an extra rug in front of the fireplace so that she could have a soft place to play...she and Dixie really like it. It can't stay there forever though so we're thinking about putting a softer rug in the room instead of what is currently there. Ok...here is Miss Priss doing her new thing...

Kate now has enough hair to wear big girl bows and actually leaves them in her hair. Since I never really liked the headband/bow thing on Kate (it just wasn't her), I was afraid she wouldn't wear bows but she wears them well and looks too cute! We were out shopping today and a lady said, "That sure is a big bow for such a little girl." She said it in a crotchety old lady way and I said, "Our motto is...the bigger the better!" and kept walking. Some people should keep their opinions to themselves.


I hope you all have a great weekend. Brad, Kate, and Dixie are going to be on their own. I'm heading to Fayetteville tomorrow to celebrate Lucy's 30th birthday!! It was actually March 30, but better late than never!! I'm really looking forward to getting to see her!! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I am going to cry with you!!!! Sarah just like you said it is all "uphill" from now on. I remember when Brax started walking at 9 months, I balled my eyes out. Then he started losing his chunks and rolls it is sooo sad! Now he tells me "Mommy I am a big boy and I wub (love) you"!!!

    Can't wait to see you tonight! I am up early this morning...can't sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what that means?? It is shoe shopping time. Congrats! She is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kate! Love it! So glad she keeps her bows in. I was so glad when Kate got hair - I still haven't cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right Kate! Such a big girl and so pretty too! You look stunning in your big girl bows!

    Sarah, be prepared for lots of booboos! There will be falls where you'd swear she was hurt but she'll just keep going. It always looks worse than it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a big girl! Congratulations, and get ready Momma! You might need to invest in some new kicks,too,just to keep up! Also, just remember...the higher the hair, the closer you are to God! Long live the bows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, that bow isn't even close to big, so that old lady can stuff it as far as i'm concerned!!! hair bows are the best things ever...layla thinks she is "too big" for them...makes me want to cry :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I just found your blog a few days ago and have had so much fun reading it! My parents were here this weekend, and I showed my mom your pics of Kate on here. We both think she's so adorable!! I'm enjoying reading about your lives. Keep it up! :) Emily Fourmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I love her outfit and the bow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete