Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4 Weeks Old Today

I can't believe it...Kate was born 4 weeks ago today! I wish, so much, that I had my camera here (it's still in Fort Smith) to share a picture, but I'll post one as soon as I can. She is just growing and changing so much every day. In fact, I put a newborn sized outfit on her today and it's almost too snug!

Also, Kate began purposefully smiling this week. I know...it seems a bit early, but she has been smiling at me since about a week and a half old...and I just really attributed it to gas..ha! However, this week she smiles and coos when she is talked to by her daddy and by other people...it's so cute!!!

Another big thing for Kate is that she is beginning to discover her hands...and is able to control them a bit. She holds my finger when she eats and likes to hold on to a blanket or burp cloth when she gets her diaper changed. She especially likes to touch the teddy bear that her Aunt Sherry, Uncle Damian, and cousin Vivi brought her...it also has a heartbeat that sounds like what she heard in the womb, so it calms her very well. She's just getting so big!!! We're so proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara! Thank you...we are so excited to finally be pregnant!! I recently saw pics of 'sweet baby Kate' that my sister took! She is beautiful!!! Congrats!! By the way, is your husband from FS? He looks so familiar, but I'm not sure where I would know him from??

    ReplyDelete