Monday, July 21, 2008

Another great weekend...

This weekend, we went to Fort Smith and stayed with Brad's parents. We did a lot of running around, but Kate still got lots of time with her Sissy and Papa...she even slept with them Saturday night...what a treat for Brad and me!!!

We left for Fort Smith a day earlier than planned so that we could attend a funeral. One of Brad's best friends, Alex, lost his father last week and we wanted to be there to show our support for him and his family. It was such a nice Mass and the words spoken about him really reflected on what an impact he had on those close to him. It was really nice.

While we were at the funeral, Kate had her first babysitter....well, babysitters. And, I can't believe I didn't get a picture. Thank you so much to Mrs. Karen, Sara, and Katie for taking such great care of Kate...I think she wanted to stay longer. It seems like just yesterday that I was running across the street to play with S and K when they were babies...now they're are both college girls!!!

I took some good pics of Kate with her Papa Den, but didn't get any with her Sissy and I thought I had gotten several...my picture taking is really disappointing me lately!!
On Saturday, we went to visit my Grandma Lollie...she had not yet met Kate. We had a nice time visiting her. She was having an okay day, but had a hard time putting together her words to tell us what she was thinking. I can just imagine how frustrating that must be...bless her heart.

On Saturday night, Brad and I hit the town...we met a group of friends for dinner and drinks!!! It was our first night out since Kate was born. Brad's parents kept her for us...and we are so appreciative! Even though we missed her, we had a great time with our friends.

Hope you are all doing well...HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment