It's a big day because...Kate is 9 weeks old, she had her 2 month check-up, her Grandpa Bill and Grandma DeDe came to visit, and she sat in her bouncy seat for the first time...it's just the little things that bring us joy..ha!
This morning, I was doing some things in the kitchen and thought I would try her bouncy seat. She has actually been in it before but she was much too small. However, she liked it really well today...even though her face in the picture doesn't really look like it!

Her visit with Dr. Le went well...it was the visit with the nurse that threw her for a loop! She got 3 shots and an oral vaccination...poor baby! I couldn't look, so Brad stood with her and scooped her up right away when the nurse was finished...thank goodness she only cried a few seconds. Her report from the doctor was good...she said Kate is VERY healthy and VERY alert for her age..yay Kate! Grandma DeDe joined us for the visit and the help was really nice. Her new stats:
Weight: 14 lbs. 1 oz. (100%)
Height: 24 1/4 (98%)



Grandpa Bill and Grandma DeDe (and Ditto the VERY old poodle...Normie stayed home :( ) are in from Atlanta and came to visit us and babysit Kate while Brad and I go out for our anniversary...we've been married 3 years...wow! I'm so excited!! We're going to the wine bar for a drink and then to dinner at Bodean's Seafood Restaurant....yummy, yummy! We're looking forward to it and appreciate my parents babysitting for us!


This is a picture of my dad and Kate watching TV...I think Food Network. Anyway, Kate has recently discovered the television and, unfortunately, twists and turns in every direction so that she will be able to see it! When we're playing in the living room we have to turn it off so that she'll listen to her book or play with her toys instead of watching the tube! We do let her watch the Olympics each evening for a bit though...Brad thinks it might prepare her for her career as a swimming champion!

This is Kate having some tummy time....she doesn't really like it but we make her do it so that she can grow big and strong and be ready to crawl when the time comes!

Oh my goodness....she is growing so fast. What a cutie! We need to come for another visit already because I feel like she has changed so much since we last saw her! Will you two be coming this way anytime soon?
ReplyDeleteHi- I found your blog through Laura's blog and I think our babies must be really close in date...my little girl was born on 6/13. Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful! I just love you all so much. I can't wait to see you on Friday. I recognize the bouncy face from her stroller face. She has such character!
ReplyDelete