Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some "Me Time"

I always wondered if I would want some "me time" that all of my friends who are new moms talk about. I mean, I have such a wonderful husband and beautiful baby girl...why would I ever want to be away from them!?! Well, the time came this week!

On Tuesday, I headed to the spa for a massage that Brad had given me a couple of weeks ago. It was wonderfu!!! I sat in the quiet room and had a glass of wine before the massage and was nice and relaxed. I will have to say that it was a little weird drinking by myself. I normally have company so I think I ended up drinking it too fast...oops. That part was strange but the rest was amazing!!! I hope I get to go back soon!

Then on Friday night, I joined a friend's Bunko group as a substitute. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet lots of really nice girls and hear about their lives and families. I also won a prize...even though it was the prize for most losses! Ha!

On Saturday, Brad, Kate, and I went shopping in search of clothes for Kate. She is about to grow out of her 0-3 month clothes and doesn't have much in between those and 6 month sizes. BTW, I can't wait until she fits into her 6 mo. sizes...Gma DeDe went shopping and found the cutest stuff for Fall and Winter! But, we needed to find some things in the meantime. We looked and looked and only came home with 2 outfits! The mall was too crazy and I just couldn't find what I wanted. Kate and I will go to a couple of smaller shops that we like this week...maybe we'll find some sales!!!

Oh, we put one of her bows on her to see how it looked...I think she's still a bit small! She does look cute in it though!
Later that night, Brad grilled an awesome dinner! I might be the only person in the universe who likes to take pictures of things my husband grills, but some of the meals are just so pretty! So, here is a pic....it was just as yummy as it looks!
Today, Brad has been on Daddy duty pretty much all day. Kate got up around 7:15 with me and then went back down around 8:30. We used that time to go through some clothes to decide what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to share with others. There is a charity that comes to our house every other month or so and picks up things we can no longer use...it's really nice that they come get it for us! Then, Kate woke up and we all played together for a while and we discovered that she LOVES to read a book called "happy baby ABC"...it's really a picture book but we talked about all of the pictures with her. After play time, she ate, Brad got her dressed and ready and they headed out for some shopping at Sam's and Lowes. It was Brad's first trip out with her alone and, of course, I had to get a picture...hee hee!!! He's probably not going to like that I put it on here but I couldn't resist! While they were out, I did some major cleaning on our house...it looks sooo much better and I feel so much better about it!!! Yea!
That pretty much sums up our weekend...it's been a good one...and now I'm going to go spend some time with Brad and Kate because they just got back from being out and I missed them like crazy!!! I think my need for alone time is over.

2 comments: