Today, Dixie learned another lesson to add to the many she has learned since her life turned upside down June 11, 2008 (the day Kate was born). Today she learned not to lay under the baby when she's being burped...although, it didn't seem to bother Dixie that Kate had just puked right on her head! Poor Dixie! I feel guilty about it all the time...she was as close to a child to us as a dog can get before Kate came along and now I find myself forgetting to feed her. She has been quite the trooper though and has fallen into her role as big-dog sister and gives Kate kisses on the back of her head every time she has the chance...so sweet. I'm excited for Kate to get bigger because I think she'll really love playing with Dixie and vice versa. Even though I felt really bad about it, Brad and I couldn't resist getting a picture of Dixie w/ puke on her ear! 
Christmas 2025
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment