Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate!

Wow! I can't believe it has been a year since we welcomed Kate into the world. Words cannot describe just how much happiness and joy that she has filled our lives with. I know Brad would agree that this has been the best year of our lives...Happy Birthday sweet angel!!!

Here are some pics of the birthday girl throughout the year...she's changed so much but, in so many ways, looks just like the first time I saw her.

June 12, 2008....1 Day Old. This is actually the first time I got to see Kate. Brad and the rest of the family could go to the Special Care Nursery (she had to stay there overnight under the oxygen hood) to see her but since I was recovering from surgery (I had general anesth. so I was completely under and didn't see her when they got her out), they couldnt' bring her to me until the next morning. Oh, I was sooo happy to see her!! I remember thinking that she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen...and wanted to make sure the nursery gave us the right baby...ha!!
3 Weeks Old

5 Weeks Old

12 Weeks Old
4 Month check-up
First Halloween (almost 5 months old)
6 Months Old
First Christmas: 6 1/2 Months Old
8 Months Old
11 Months

This is a video I took this morning. Sorry the video is hard to see but it was a little darker than usual in Kate's room this morning. By the way, she was already awake when we went in, she just dove down into her crib when she saw us coming....funny girl!!

And, this lucky girl got a birthday package in the mail last night...from the sweet Dominguez family!! She did really well tearing into it....


...and I think it's safe to say she LOVED it!! It's a talking purse and she's been carrying it everywhere and loading and unloading it along the way. THANK YOU Mary, Jose, and Lucas!!

We're very excited to get to see everyone at Kate's birthday party on Saturday!!! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet Kate! We have enjoyed watching you grow over the past year and you are an absolute cutie pie!! We hope your birthday is filled with so much fun and excitement and that your party is a ton of fun!

    That purse is great! We have one and the songs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like just yesterday you posted these pics of Kate. Where did the time go Sarah? I have loved reading your blog over the past year and watching Kate grow. Even though I have never met Kate in person, I feel like I know her. Thank God for Blogland!

    Love you guys and can't wait to see you on Saturday!

    Happy Birthday Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time will fly. She is so sweet....love her. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,every diva in training needs a purse and since she loves bags, I couldn't go wrong! I'm glad she loved it.
    HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY KATE!!
    We wish we could be around to see you eat your first birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t believe that Kate is already a year old!!! She gets cuter and cuter everyday. I didn’t know that you didn’t get to see her until the next day! That is so hard…what a blessing that everything turned out fine. She seems like such a sweet, healthy little girl! Sending Birthday wishes her way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Kate! I hope you liked your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that video made me tear up...just hearing your voices singing with such love for her. So special! Happy Bithday Kate!

    ReplyDelete