Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kate's 1st Birthday Party

On Saturday, we had Kate's birthday party at Brad's parents' house and it was a hot pink success!!! We had so much fun visiting with everyone...and Kate had a blast "wandering" through the crowd. She sported her adorable tutu like a pro!! Thank you for sharing this special day with us....Kate is so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends surrounding her!
Kate only wore her birthday hat for a split-second. Daddy, on the other hand, loved wearing it!
Like I said earlier, Kate just wandered around and played with her cousins and toys throughout the party. She loves her wagon full of blocks from her Aunt Lucy! She got so many nice things...I'll post pictures of her playing with all of her new toys soon!! She is a VERY lucky girl!!
She loved the cake! She was getting very sleepy before she ate the cake but the sugar quickly kicked in and gave her the second wind she needed to finish out the party!!!
When we got home, there was a package waiting from the Shepard family...here she is checking out her new toy!
And, Brad's parents got Kate her first wagon. It's awesome!! She "helped" Brad put it together like a big girl!!
While we were partying, Dixie was trying out the new boarding place we found for her called Best Friends Pet Resort. I think she had a really great time....she is currently sacked out in her bed and will probably stay that way for the next 3 days. When we got home, I checked my email and found an email from her...it said:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I miss you, but I am having a really great time here. Since I can't talk to you, I asked my Best Friends to send you a picture of me during my stay.

See you soon!

Love, Dixie
(How precious is that!!! I love this picture of her...She has such a good smile and I love that her eyes are closed...just like a kid...ha!!) We also had our friend, Megan, take some family photos on Saturday morning. I think she did a fabulous job...thank you Megan!!! You can go here to see them!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kate! Love the outfit. She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Kate had a wonderful birthday!! She looked absolutely adorable in her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday party!!! Kate and Vivi are just too cute together. I couldn't quit laughing at the pic on Sherry's blog where Kate is leaning her head on Vivi...was she giving her a hug? That is exactly what Parker does right now when she wants to hug someone. He leans in and put his head on the person/dog/etc. I love her tutu!!! She looked fabulous for her party! And I can't get over that picture of Dixie. I love that she had them send you an email...how adorable!! That picture of her is classic! She was having a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! Love the birthday outfit, she is precious. And I know how happy it makes you to find a great place for Dixie. I so wish we could find a place for Mabel that was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Happy Birthday Kate...so much happens in a year...it just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Kate! love love love the tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Kate!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is getting so big!!! And couldn't be any cuter!! PS- That blog with the pics on it was so sweet- I cried at work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all had such a great birthday party! It also looks like she enjoyed her cupcake...maybe she'll be a sweets lover. :-)

    ReplyDelete