We took Kate on a wagon ride (outside) last night. Kate's Sissy and Papa gave it to her for her birthday....and it's so cool!! Brad (with Kate's "help") put it together on Sunday evening and we tried to put Kate in for a little inside ride, but she arched that back and screamed "No, no!". So....we were anxious to see what she would do for our outing on Monday evening. Little Miss LOVED it!!! She looked like such a big girl riding in her wagon...she smiled the entire time!!

And here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks:
This is Kate's first ride, facing forward. She really didn't seem to notice all that much but she does talk a lot more about things she sees so that's a lot of fun. She's wearing an outfit from my Mom and Dad....it's the first zipper/button pants she's ever worn...interesting, huh. Obviously, DeDe does the shopping....unless it's from Oiliy and then my dad really loves to pick out clothes there...we really love Grandpa Bill to visit that store too...ha!!! Anyway, back to the outfit from DeDe. Brad and I get a little kick out of these outfits b/c a lot of them tend to look like what De would wear herself. Thankfully, she has great taste and Kate looks super cute!!

And, remember a few posts back, I talked about Kate taking off her pants when she wakes up from her naps. Well, she's learned how to take off her diaper too. Luckily, we've had no messes in the bed...yuck!! I've learned to go get her as soon as I hear her first stir....have to be smarter than the baby.
(There was a picture here but we decided she probably wouldn't appreciate me showing her bare bum...sorry, Kate!!!)
Kate has become quite the lover lately. She gives out hugs and kisses all day long and it makes us so happy...we love her love. She especially likes to hug the Dix. Dixie thinks it's just okay...not great, but okay.

Here's Kate in her pool on the porch. She doesn't really like it so this is the only picture I got. I hope she learns to like the water a little more!!

Relaxing with Daddy....so precious!!

Kate went to MDO again on Monday....she cried when I dropped her off. My heart broke into a million pieces and the walk back to my car, alone, felt awful. I just wanted to run back and "save" her...ha! The good news is that she was smiling and playing when I picked her up and the teachers said she had a "great day". Yay...Brad and I were on pins and needles waiting for the end of her school day to roll around and we were so happy to hear she wasn't upset at all!! I had an eye doctor appointment and another appointment with the sofa for a NAP while she was at school!! For some reason, I have been having the craziest dreams lately (and it's disrupting my sleep horribly)....scary dreams. All during the night on Sunday, I dreamed that I was being attacked, chased, stalked, etc. While I was lying there being scared, I also convinced myself that someone was going to come into our house and steal Kate because of this blog. Crazy, I know, but I guess it could happen. Ironically, on Monday, another blogger (
Mary Kate - go there and read the tips...very helpful...and you can see her cute babies) posted a story about protecting your family when you have a blog. I was grateful for that info b/c I love being able to call my Mom or Brad's mom or someone I run into and haven't seen in a while and say, "Go look at the blog...we just put up some cute pics of Kate". I also love that friends and other family can keep up with what our angel is up to. It gives them a way to just peek into her life when they have a minute or two....I would LOVE all of my friends and family to have blogs so I could "watch" their children grow up, too! Anyway, I guess I was feeling a bit anxious about the blog so if you're a crazy person reading this....STOP!! Ha...I shouldn't joke about it but that all has been on my mind lately. Maybe one of these days I'll end up going private...it's just not very convenient for those of you who care enough to read about sweet Kate. What can I say, I love sharing my biggest and best accomplishment with you all!
Oh my goodness…that picture of Kate in her bed without a diaper on brings back so many memories. The girls started doing this at her age. I remember I would lay them down for a nap and they would talk to each other and play in their cribs before falling asleep. I would have to listen very closely and I knew I was in trouble when I would hear those little voices saying, “Yuck, Yuck.” I literally ended up having to duck tap their diapers on them to keep them from pulling them off!
ReplyDeleteThat is classic!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she figured that out!
What a cutie...I loved her Birthday pictures! She is a beautiful little toddler now!
I totally hear ya on the blog thing. I never read MK blog, but I saw it on your blogroll and the title and I thought...hmm, after I read it, I was like...maybe I shouldn't be blogging, but I really don't think a lot of people read my blog. Anyway, when we dropped Kate off at school in the beginning...I would call like 5-6 times a day. I wanted to make sure she was ok....hee hee.
ReplyDeleteOk, I am so glad I am not the only "crazy" mom. I have thought about all those things. I copyrighted my blog and when I have time may take more steps to secure my blog. I think I am going to take the city off of my location for sure. Just makes me paranoid! I am SO glad G never took off his diaper. With a boy, there could be a full sprinkler system in his room.
ReplyDelete