Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

We had a pretty busy week and weekend with lots of errands and getting things done around the house. We also got out of town and met the Jensen family at the Tulsa Zoo. What a fun (and very warm) day it was!! The outing wore Kate out (she cried when we had to leave....er, um, she cried so we HAD to leave..ha) and she was asleep on Brad's shoulder before we even got out of the zoo....bless her heart, Mommy pushed her to the limit as far as nap time goes.

The kiddos were precious together. I think it's safe to say they're both a couple of lovers. Parker would go in for some sugars and then Kate would grab him by the collar and try to hug the life out of him. He didn't appreciate that very much but it didn't let it phase him when he wanted to share another kiss with her....what a sweetie pie he is. Brad and I had a great time with Nate and Laura too. Next time, I hope we can grab a bite together so we can visit more...it's so hard to chat at the zoo. We can't wait until our next get-together with the J fam!
Look at these two together!!

Leaving the zoo....zzzzz....

After a nice snooze on the way home.

Kate has started taking her pants off when she wakes up from a nap. She throws all pants, socks, "friends", and blankets out of her crib. It cracks me up because I will peek into her room and see her looking over the crib talking to her pile on the floor. So precious!!

Kate's first experience with bubbles. She had fun with it. She, very much, likes to go outside and play every evening and throws a little fit when we have to come inside. We like our evening playtime...Dixie loves it too!!

We hope that everyone is having a nice week and enjoying the summertime as much as we are. Even though I'm NOT looking forward to the inevitable rising temps, it's nice to be able to spend time outside together while the weather is so great.

Kate begins Mother's Day Out next Monday. While I'm excited for her, I'm already getting sad about leaving her there all day. WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO DO ALL DAY?!?!? Well, I'm sure I'll think of something...ha ha.

4 comments:

  1. That first pic is cracking me up!!!! I feel like I should just copy and paste your post because you said all the things I was planning to say about Kate and Parker loving on each other. We had so much fun with you guys!!!! Can't wait to do it again. And I agree, we'll have to go out to eat so we can sit down and actually catch up a little more. Maybe when yall come here we'll get a sitter and have an adults only dinner! Will you email these pics? I am going to process the ones I took tonight and then I'll put them up. I got a few really cute ones of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her big floppy hat! She looks so cute! I want ya'll to come hang out w/us! Glad you are enjoying the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We were just talking about heading over to the zoo this weekend. P and K are so sweet in that picture together! It's nice that Kate likes bubbles...we broke them out for Easter and Grace is deathly afraid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is so precious! I'm sure that will be fun for Parker and Kate to see here in about 10 years!!

    You amd Laura are so lucky to live close enough to get to do fun stuff together! I wish I could hang out with old friends as new parents....that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete