Monday, June 22, 2009

Q Family T

We have spent a lot of quality time as a family this weekend. We stayed in town and had such a great and relaxing weekend...just the kind I like. Brad and I worked on a couple of projects on the never-ending-house-project-list and Kate took lots of long snoozes like she likes to do when the weekends roll around. And, she hit the hay around 7 each night so Brad and I had lots of evening time together.

After Kate and I had breakfast Friday morning, I was getting the sheets off our bed (my Friday morning ritual) to put in the washer. When I came back, I found Kate and her bag of blueberries in the den. I guess I left them close to the edge of the counter because she pulled them off and helped herself to a few more....and didn't spill a one!! Here is a picture of Kate reading a bday card from one of her boyfriend, Hayes. We had the best time looking at and talking about the card....what a sweet little boy he is!!! I needed to wake Kate up from a nap on Friday so that we could go meet some of Brad's co-workers for lunch so I had this, once in a blue moon opportunity, to capture her sleeping. Look how big she's getting!! I love how she sleeps with her Pokey (blanket) tucked under her and her Lamby not too far away. Makes me want to eat her up!!On Saturday night, Brad and I grilled-out for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. He wanted to try grilled romaine and I was a little skeptical....grilled lettuce didn't really pique my interest. However, it really was delicious. I had to remind myself that just about ANYTHING from the grill tastes awesome...and believe me, he'll grill just about anything.While we were grilling, we were playing with the camera and trying different settings. I snapped this picture of Dixie and I thought it was so cute...her little muzzle is getting so gray...she turned 5 in May! Plus, she looks very svelte...and I think she would appreciate me sharing it with you all. We've all been working on shedding some extra poundage....it's working better for some than others...I won't mention names though. Hee hee...

1 comment: