Monday, November 17, 2008

Funny Daddy

I hardly ever blog about anything besides Kate and/or what we're doing as a family, but I have some note-worthy things to share about the lone male in our family...Brad. He's my best friend and Kate's hero...but he always seems to get the short end of the stick around here. I always need this or that...and we all know that Kate will never go without (even if the price sometimes makes him cringe) but he is such a hard worker and sweet person and wants nothing more than to make sure his girls (he calls us "my girls"..and, yes, that includes Dixie) are taken care of. I am still so amazed about how lucky I am to have him.


With that said (I had to butter him up a little in order to get away with posting this video)...here is a little story from this weekend. Since my birthday was Friday, Brad tried to do a lot of the things that I normally do so that I could relax and read a book this weekend. On Saturday, Kate had her usual poopy diaper around 10 am. No big deal...it happens every day and every day I change it and move on. It doesn't bother me one single bit. Ok, so Kate did her thing and in his attempt to provide me with a little relaxation, he offered to change her. Keep in mind that since I'm at home with her all day and she does the poopies in the morning, he never has to change anything besides pee-pee diapers. WELL...it's a good thing he's not in charge because he picked her up and made a face like..."Eww..this doesn't smell nice" and then he coughed a little. It could have been a little bit of a gag, but I just kind of blew it off. Well, he took her back into her room and that's when I heard the UNMISTAKEABLE sounds of a person who is about to be sick. So...I headed in as back-up but not before I grabbed the camera!!! Ha....I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time and I'm laughing again right now just thinking about it! Maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" times but since I'm going to save this blog for Kater-poo, I want her to see what lengths her sweet Daddy goes to keep "his girls" happy. All kidding aside, we have the greatest guy in the world who we love dearly...even if Kate's shooies make him sick!


Ok, now that I have that one off my chest...we need some advice. Brad signed up to be a mentor to a student at a nearby elementary school and had his first meeting today. His friend is a 5th grade girl who barely speaks English....her native language is Arabic. I know...Arabic. Her teacher sent her Vocabulary homework for them to work on. Well...how is a girl who barely speaks English supposed to learn Vocabulary. Bless her little heart. We went ahead and ordered an Arabic-English picture dictionary that should be here before their next meeting but beyond that, we're clueless how to even attempt helping her learn more English so that she'll have an ounce of a chance making it in the world. So...any hints? One of my great-est friends is an ESL teacher (yes, you Kel...and we admire what you do...it has to be a HUGE challenge) and I will probably call her for some tips but we'll try the dictionary first. In the meantime, any help would be appreciated.


Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

5 comments:

  1. That video is so funny - little Kate's poopy diaper almost did him in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was one of the best laughs I have had in a long time. THANK YOU BRAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... Definitely one of the best laughs in a LONG time!! I love it!! Maybe he should try the 'ol clothes pin trick next time!! Ha Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    too funny, what is it with boys. I came home one time when B was babysitting, the house smelled of cologne and he had a scarf wrapped around his face. Boys will be boys. You got to love em. Happy late Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it always funny to see someone dry heaving or gagging? Lol, thanks for the laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete