...I would, however, call myself creative. You see, since we live in an apartment (on the second floor), we don't have a backyard where Dixie can do her business. So...I usually pack up the troops (me, Kate in the Bjorn, and Dixie on her leash) to take Dixie for potty breaks/walks every 2-3 hours or so. Since my mom is home during the days too, we talk with my mom on Skype at least a couple of times during the week. So (here comes the creative part).... sometimes she "babysits" Kate while I RUN Dixie down to the patch of grass at the bottom of the steps. Usually, she just talks with her but I came back today and she was wrapping up Silent Night and then switched to The Wheels on the Bus. I wanted to get a video of it...and here it is!! DeDe...we think you're so funny!
By the way...for those of you who don't live in the same towns as your families...Skype is wonderful!! That's also a reason I keep this blog up...so that Kate's grandparents and other out of town family can hear what's going on in her day to day life. We are going to try and get Brad's parents set up with Skype over the holidays so they can see Kate while we chat with them. I'm hopeful she will then know all of her family's faces when she sees them in person...who knows.
Here is a picture of Kate and me that I, of course, took. She hasn't quite gotten that the camera means smile yet but at least she knows to look at it....even if she's looking at it like, "What the...". Oh...she's just so scrumptious to me!!

On our outing to check the mail....we instantly got excited!! Kate's Thanksgiving and Christmas desses came in today and I cannot wait to try them on her. After we get them hemmed (looks like they're going to be a bit long), I'll be sure to get lots of pictures of her in them....would you expect any less??? I think that it is times like these that Brad says a little prayer that we'll have boys from here on out....
That had me laughing! I've gotta check that out. Also, I love how she "babysits" for you. Love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is a sweet pic of you and Kate!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!!! Don't you love skype. Brandon is always in China and that is how we stay connected. I got to try the babysitting too funny!!!
ReplyDeleteGabby and I do" I Chat" when Pat's out of town, but I would have never thought to use it like this! You are so smart!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, Thanks for stopping by the other day. I appreciate your nice comments. Your baby is too cute. I was telling my mom what a doll she is yesterday. Those big blue eyes!! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love that your mom sings to her while you take Dixie out for a potty break. I have Skype but haven't talked to my parents on it yet. Good idea. I can't wait to see her in her new dresses!
ReplyDelete