Wednesday, March 11, 2009

9 Months Old

Today is Kate's 9 month birthday!! I say this every month but I can't believe she's getting so big!! She's become quite the snuggle bug lately and I loooove it!! While we were playing on the floor tonight she kept coming over and laying her head on me and saying "awwww" because that's what we always say when we snuggle her. Little lovey girl!!

I had a major snafu today. Her 9 month appointment was SUPPOSED to be today but I got the time wrong and had to reschedule it for later this month. Poots...I was looking forward to hearing how much she's grown.

Here are some pictures from the past couple of days:

She has become quite the "cook" lately. I think she could play in the kitchen all day long! She likes to pull the pots and pans out of the cabinet, look out the door to the deck, and eat Dixie's dog food. I told Brad that I officially have a new line in my job discription: Remover of dog food from Kate's mouth. YUUUCK!! She even hides it in different places because she'll be nowhere near Dix's bowls and I'll see her put something in her mouth and start gnawing. It's ridiculously gross.I tried putting the bowls on top of the dog food holder but she figured out that she could still reach them. I need to be smarter than the baby, I guess. The funniest thing about Kate being so interested in Dixie's food is that Dixie has all of the sudden taken more interest in Kate. It's like she feels they have a common bond now b/c Kate eats dog food too..ha!

Some things she is doing these days: She has a favorite "word" right now. It's "dat". We don't know what it means but she says it all day long. It must be one of those universal words or something because everything gets a "dat". She stands on her own very selectively....really only when she doesn't realize she's doing it. She says "hi" to people we see when we're out and about. And she also says "no, no, no"....it sounds more like "na, na, na" though...and shakes her head (and sometimes stops and claps) when she's doing something (or on her way to do something) that she knows we might not approve of.

She is more and more fun to be around with each passing day. Happy, happy 9 month birthday sweet baby!

6 comments:

  1. Happy 9 month birthday, sweet Kate! You are such a precious little girl!!

    Sarah, she is such a beauty!! I know you are so proud of her. I hope she quits eating the dog food soon! I cracked up reading that she sneaks it off to munch on later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you what, there must be something tasty in dog food because both our babes love it! Parker still tries to eat it but lately has just been grabbing handfulls and then bringing it to us. Maybe Gerber should start making baby food that looks and tastes like doggie food.

    I can't believe she is 9 months old! It will be time for her 1 year birthday before you know it! I continue to be soooooo impressed with Kate! Such a smartie pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 9 month birthday Kate! It seems like just yesterday when your mommy was pregnant with you. I need to mail back your maternity clothes!

    Have you tried storing the dog food outside? We have a plastic dog food container that we leave out on the back patio...just a thought. That is a really cute dog food storage bin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the dog food! Griffin loved getting into Mabel's bowl too. He has eaten dog food, taken off his socks and "washed" them in the water bowl and he still likes to go and swish his hand in Mabel's bowl. So nasty, but the interest for kids must be universal! Mabel has gotten really good about eating her food as soon as we put it out for her, so there has been no dog food consumption for Griffin in quite awhile. I think Mabel loves to share with Griffin as long as it is Griffin's food that is being shared. She doesn't like sharing her own food.
    Happy 9 months Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 9 month birthday! Can you believe she is almost 1? Time flies. It makes me so sad. She is getting so big. She is doing really impressive stuff! Way to go Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just found a new ad and spokesbaby for Viking cookware! Does Kate want a job? She could totally sell it!

    ReplyDelete