Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kate on a Tuesday

Kate and I had a great day today. Brad is out of town so we're trying very hard to keep ourselves busy so we don't miss him too much more than we already do...boy do we miss him though!!! We have stayed so busy that Miss Priss has gone to bed early each night b/c she's so tired!
We started the day off with Kindermusik class and we were 10 minutes EARLY so the other Mommies didn't give us the stink-eye...yes!! It takes about half an hour to get there so we're sometimes running a few minutes late...I'm talking no more than 5 minutes but that obviously doesn't please the rest of the crew. Anyway, it was a really fun class and the instructor even let the babies have "play time". She usually wants us to stay in our own spaces so it was so nice that Kate got to crawl around and talk to and play with the other babies.
We then headed home and played with a box FOREVER!! It was super fun for Kate and I got a kick out of watching her wrestle with the box. In my opinion, Kate is very coordinated but equally clumsy so she ended up on her back with the box on top of her several times. She would move her little arms and legs all around like she was a beetle "stuck" on her back and then she'd roll over really quickly and look at the box and then at me as if to ask, "Did you see what that box just did to me?!!?" Pure entertainment I tell ya.
After nap, lunch, a little more playing and a bottle, Kate and I headed to the gym. She usually likes it there but there were WAAAYYYYtoo many big kids screaming loudly for her taste (we went at 4 b/c the kids club is closed from 1-4 every day). I got in about half an hour on the treadmill and then got paged b/c she was scared and crying. We'll go back to going in the mornings (like we normally do) from now on. BUT...the big news happened when we got home.
As soon as we walk in the door, I usually put Kate down and go wash my hands and then get her jacket off and wash her hands. Lately, I set her down on her feet and she sorta falls to her bobo. However, she actually stayed standing up when I put her down today....for about 10-15 seconds. I was amazed!!! I was just telling the music teacher today that Kate really has no interest in standing on her own or practicing walking. Boy did she prove me wrong. Naturally, we practiced our standing this evening and I was able to get a few pictures.

Hope you are all having a great start to your week. I think beautiful weather is coming our way soon so I hope it gets to you too!!

4 comments:

  1. are you kidding...now she is almost walking! Sarah, where has the time gone???? I know you have heard this time and time again...Kate's eyes are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to be walking soon! I bet at 9 mos!!! She is so cute! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit b/c she looks like a little hippie!!

    ReplyDelete