We moved into our house on Friday night. There are still several things we've been working on but all of the contractors are almost gone...yay! We just need to have our shower re-tiled and the window guy is coming to hang all of the blinds this afternoon. I got the internet up and working yesterday (they hooked it up wrong initially) and have a lot of catching up to do on reading my favorite blogs!!
We had a plumber come out last week to work on a couple of slow drains. Well, his report was that the master shower drain had collapsed and he needed to come back and jack hammer it out and fix the pipe under the concrete. Double ugh! He was here all day yesterday and finished up this morning. On the bright side of things, we will begin our bathroom updating a little early. Brad got the names of a couple of tile guys from people at work so we'll have them come out to see what the additional d$m$ge will be. We're all healthy and happy so we figured things could be MUCH worse.
We're settling in well but still have A LOT of unpacking to do. Also, we need to get a few walls painted and then we'll be finished for a while. Thank goodness!
Bright and early (7:30am!!!), Monday morning, Kate and I headed to get in line for Mother's Day Out enrollment which was to begin at 9. I was so nervous about getting there in time b/c this is the place that a lot of people had recommended as one of the best programs. I even had Brad leave his office to let the plumber in at 8...hee hee...he didn't mind though of course. We were number 4 in line and and got in for 1 day/week during the Summer and 2 days/week during the Fall.....VICTORY!! By the time I left at 9:15, there were 30+ people in line. I hope they all got spots. The other parents I talked to while waiting just raved about the school and I am so excited for Kate to have this experience beginning in June!!
Kate loves her new room and Dixie loves her new back yard....neither one of them ever want to leave their new spaces. I got a few pictures of Kate playing in her room this morning. We have a few toys in there and we take "field trips" to her room to play a few times a day...just to get out of the living room since she has to be blockaded in here b/c of the other rooms being cluttered with things that need to be unpacked. Soon and very soon she'll have run of the house.
She loves looking up at her chandelier in her bedroom. When she wakes up, we have to stand under it so she can see it closer and touch the crystals. She pulled the big one hanging from the center down but, that's okay because I thought it was a bit much (in a gawdy way) anyway. Doesn't she look like Brad in this picture...
She also likes sitting and standing in her rocker. It looks very tiny in this picture but it's a regular sized chair that I spent many hours in when she was a little bitty baby. Brings back so many memories....their all a little fuzzy though..lack of sleep does that to new Mommies. 
I really don't know how or why this picture is like this...I must have gotten a trick camera.She's getting better and better at standing on her own. If I set her on the ground, she'll stay there for a good while and pick up whatever is next to her and stand to play with it. She goes from kneeling on one knee to standing and vice versa...pretty cool. She also stood and danced with the folks on the Ellen Show today!
I am so glad you guys got moved into your house!!! What a relief for you! I have missed Kate's big blue eyes here in blogland!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys and congratulations!!!
She will love school...gives them a chance to play w/other kids and new stuff. But be ready for the cooties!
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah, this is all so exciting...the house and Katerpoos new school! I am so jealous of the MDO!!!! We have been looking around here and trying to get recs from people for this fall after we return from Phoenix. I think 2 days a week would be perfect! Not that I would know what to do with myself...hahaha! Congrats on all your good good news!
ReplyDelete