It's been a busy week filled with working on the house, learning to walk, dog sitting, and just having fun around the house. We still have a few things to finish up in our kitchen and then I'll post pictures. It's kind of a slow process when you're working during nap times and after 7pm (when Kate goes to bed)...but we're getting there. We did get the family room finished this weekend so that's exciting!! The tile guy is coming to rip out and re-do our bathroom next week...we'll be so happy to have our bathroom back up and in working order.
On Friday, we heard a knock at the door...it was our mailman. He said, "I have a package for you, Kate!!" I thought that was super cute. It was an Easter package from DeDe and Grandpa and she had lots of fun opening it and playing in the tissue paper and with the gifts.


And since it was soooo cold on Saturday night, we decided we better blow-dry Kate's hair so she didn't get too cold. I just thought her reaction to the hair dryer was too funny...it's like she's thinking, "what are they doing to me now?" Poor thing...she never knows what to expect!!

Everyone, this is Gracie. She is our neighbor and we are dog-sitting for a few days while her mom and dad are out of town. While we're SO happy to help them...does it seem a little soon for neighborly favors...I mean, we just moved in two weeks ago! Anyway, back to Gracie. She is a shit-zu (yes, I know I hyphenated in the wrong place). While we love her because she IS so very sweet, she is a princess dog and by the end of this I think Dixie is going to be a little resentful of us b/c she does not get anywhere near this type of treatment.

Here are the instructions for Gracie:
1. Gracie only goes potty in the yard if it is above 60 degrees outside...otherwise, she potties in the greenhouse...yes, they built Gracie a greenhouse.
2. Gracie needs her beauty rest, so she sleeps from 9pm to 9am.
3. She eats at 4pm sharp. She has 1/4 cup of food, 1 cup of vegetables, and water (with 2 cups of crushed ice in it).
Gracie is a a little nervous and didn't go pee or poo for 24 hours...I swear, I didn't find an accident anywhere...and Brad and I tried and tried to get her to go. I thought I was going to have to call Don and Liz but luckily she went today....so I feel a lot better and I'm sure she does too. While she's a diva, we do like having her around....she's just a bit spoiled!!
Here is Brad trying to convince Gracie that we fixed her dinner just like we were told. She likes Brad and stays between his feet when he's here...I think he secretly loves that about Gracie. Ha.
And here are Kate and Dixie having a squabble. Kate wanted her to move over so she could watch Brad and Gracie in the kitchen and Dixie wanted to watch and see what Brad was fixing for Gracie to eat. In the first picture, Kate is yelling for Dixie to move it.
Kate: "There we go...Dixie finally got out of my way. What's happening over there?"
Kate is saying, "Dixie...when I want to get somewhere, let me get there. Understand?"
And all the while, I'm kicked back, watching all of this unfold and taking pictures...ha! They need to learn to work things out on their own, ya know?
Oh, and I tried Zumba at my gym for the first time today. It was soooo fun...I was sweating like crazy but all of the dancing made it seem like I wasn't working out...just dancing away! I'll definitely go back but I can already tell I'm gonna be sore...I also did Butts and Guts class after Zumba. Yikes!!
I think that's about all we have going on here. Brad has a busy, busy week at work so I better get off this computer and get to work. I'm going to try and complete a few projects so he can come home and relax and not feel like he has to get right back to work on the house. Hope you all have a GREAT week!
Love the dog story...cracking up!
ReplyDeleteI love Kate giving Dixie a stern talking to about what she wants and when she wants it! Too cute! And I have to agree - it may have been a tad early to be asking neighborly favors! They must have seen how sweet y'all are and figured you would probably say yes!!
ReplyDeleteThis is hysterical!!! It has to be something about Shit-zus (how do you spell it anyways???). We kept my bosses dog Sara when I lived in MA and that dog ate better than we did! She got havarti cheese, steamed carrots and boiled chicken breasts EVERYDAY! It was hilarious. You are such a sweet neighbor! I can tell from the background of your pics that the house looks amazing. I can't wait to see more. We are so excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI love Kate's outfit in the first pictures! Where is it from? And, I just tried Zumba for the first time on Sunday and I agree that it is way fun...my calves were killing me the next day, though!
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny post...my in-laws have 3 shitzus and spoil all of them like this. They even have a stroller for them that looks like a real baby stroller...too funny! I love the picture of Kate getting her hair dried...she looks like a doll in that picture! Glad you are getting settled in, I can’t wait to see more pictures of the house!
ReplyDelete