Kate and DeDe removing wall paper....it's long gone.
The kitchen and family room all prepped for priming. Notice our new lighting in the kitchen...there's just something that excites me about can lighting.
Mr. Electrician got Kate's light fixture up...finally! We've had it for a year (since I was prego w/ Miss Priss) and didn't want to put it up in Tulsa b/c we knew we would most likely be moving. She likes it...something fun to look at.
Kate's room is finished and ready for its little inhabitant. I don't know if you can tell the color or not but it's something like Glow Worm Green. I'm still on the fence about the color but Brad and my mom love it. I'm going to go look at it again today and hope it has grown on me.
And here are some pics of the family room and kitchen all primed for painting. It looks like a winter wonderland in there and I can't wait to get the color on the cabinets (well, off-white) and walls.
This is our little desk in the kitchen. I think I'm going to enjoy it....somewhere to pile up all of our mail and work on bills and such. Then...when we have company, I can stuff it all in one of the drawers..perfect-o!!
My mom is leaving us today and heading to see Sweet Vivi....we'll miss her very much. Kate had a great time with her and learned lots of things from her (she taught Kate to roar like a tiger, say "dog", say "DeDe", eat raw apples, and lots more)...I always thought DeDe should have been a teacher...she's so good with the little ones. As a matter of fact, she taught Emily and I to read before we headed off for Kindergarten...and I still love to read!! (Side note: I'm reading The Middle Place right now, by Kelly Corrigan (thanks Kel), and she is such a witty and talented writer...good book but I can tell it's gonna jerk some tears)
Thank you for all of your help this week Mom!!!
Your house looks GREAT!!! And I think Kate's green room looks beautiful...we can't wait to see the results of all your hard work.
ReplyDeleteWow, you have made so much progress!! I cannot wait to see the finished product! I like Kate's green room! I hope it grows on you too!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for the new house. I'm all about lights. I love the one in Kate's room, every girl should have a little somethin somethin in there. Kate's room is lime green with a pink ceiling. JOhn didn't want it too girly! It turned out better than I thought. It's pale pink. I am also going to check out that book.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a project, but how exciting, a beautiful new home to raise a family. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the house all finished! Maybe in a few months I can make a trip to OKC and come see it. I can't see the glow worm green very well but I am sure it looks just fine. Only 3 more weeks and I get to see my little girl. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the glow worm green!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the house someday!
I have to ask how they get rid of the metal on the windows??? Do they replace the entire window?