We had a very productive weekend. While we would have much rather been in Hot Springs with Ab, Ron, Emily, Sherry, Damian, Emma, Sam and Vivi, we got a lot done here. We missed seeing you all and hope you had a GREAT time...I know you did!!
On Friday, Brad returned from Houston. He left the Sunday before and we missed him very, very much. I have to say it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be because Kate and I stayed so busy and managed to get into our own little groove during that time. Even though the week seemed to fly by, we missed his sweet face and hugs and kisses and we are VERY glad he doesn't have to travel a lot for his job!!
He brought us presents. He brought me a book and Kate got a Ballerina Build-A-Bear....yes, Brad had to "build" the bear himself. The very feminine B-A-B employee helping him build this bear even told Brad to "make a wish" (well, it sounded more like "withsh" according to B) before he put the heart in the bear. I nearly tinkled in my pants listening to his rendition of building this bear. As uncomfortable as he may have been building the beautiful ballerina, he said it was WELL worth it because Kate loves her. She named her Ney-Ney (that's what she said over and over while hugging and kissing her). We're not sure if it's short for Shaney-ney or what but Ney-Ney is the name. I think it fits.
Brad got right back to work at the house. The counter top people installed the ct's on Saturday morning and Brad did some sheet-rocking and repairing in preparation for wall paint. He worked most of Saturday and Sunday. Kate and I tried to hang when we could but she's not really much of a home-improvement type of gal so we acted as Daddy's gophers and ran any errands that he needed us to do. 
Well, we are getting closer and closer every day to being able to move in....we can't wait!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
Hello there Sarah and Brad! Looks like the house is coming along nicely! Landon and I started a blog and added you to our "watch" list of blogs. Love reading your updates!!
ReplyDeleteTear....that is so sweet that Brad did that!!! Ok, what man will go into Build a Bear by himself, Sarah I tell you what you have a great man!!!! You guys are perfect for each other!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the house!
Love you and squeeze Kate for me!
ok, i am cracking up about the make a wish story! props to him for going in by himself to make a girl bear!!! soo sweet. the house is looking good. wish you guys lived closer, i LOVE doing stuff like that, i would totally help!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks WONDERFUL! I love the countertops...makes me wish for the day when we'll finally move and I'll get the things I really wanted in a house...not just the "starter house" stuff.
ReplyDeleteKate's looking so grown-up! I can't believe she's only 2 months older than Caroline. I'm starting to wish Caroline would "do" more things, like crawl and pull up, but I'm sure as soon as she does, I'll regret it and be a little sad.
Hey Sarah- I swear I am not stalking you. I just wanted to check in and see how things were going. I sent an email a few weeks back and I know you are so busy so I understand but just wanted to make sure you received it. Let me know if you need any help. I get back in town Monday. Your house is going to look awesome!
ReplyDeleteEmily Borders
oh my goodness....I already love it!!! I am such a sucker for a big sink so I am very jealous of that beaut yall have! I cannot wait to see more pics as things change. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteAnd how cute is Brad??? Seriously, I don't know another daddy that would not only go to Build-A-Bear on his own while traveling for work but also build a ballerina bear. He is such a good daddy!