Thursday, June 26, 2008

2 Weeks Old...

On Wednesday, Kate turned 2 weeks old....I can't believe how fast time has flown! I am quickly learning to enjoy every moment with Kate. Here is a picture of her on her 2 week b-day sleeping like a little angel...I think she was dreaming she was a ballerina!

She is still eating and sleeping well...minus a few growth spurts that have required more frequent feedings during the night time. However, I could never ask for a better night sleeper! She actually fights sleep more during the day than at night...bless her heart, she doesn't want to miss any waking moments for fear of missing something!!


I am also happy to report that she now LOVES her cradle swing given to us by our dear friends who hosted the couples' shower for us and Miss Kate. Before, she really didn't care much about being in her swing, but for some reason we tried it again and she liked it so much it rocked her right into a deep sleep. Needless to say, Brad and I like the swing too...hee hee..it gives us a little break sometimes!

This week has been another week of firsts for Kate. She got to go on her first walk in the neighborhood, ate from her first bottle, went on her first shopping trip to Babies R Us (don't worry, we didn't let any weirdo strangers touch her...or even get close for that matter) , and survived her first outing with just Mommy to the doctor....usually Daddy is a tremendous help on outings but he had important meetings at work that he just couldn't miss.





We had some visitors this week. My mom came and stayed a couple of nights and we really appreciated her help and the company. I am not quite used to being around the house so much all by myself and I tend to get a little lonely so it's really nice when she comes. The picture of Kate and Grandma DeDe was taken while they were on Skype.com with my dad...he's in Atlanta. Also, our friends Bobby and Taylor came by for salad and pizza...and of course, to snuggle with Kate. It was fun to see them and hear about all of their plans for their upcoming October wedding...we're looking forward to it!!

I think that just about sums up our week. I'm also including some pictures of Kate getting her hair washed. When we wash her hair, it seems to turn 2 shades lighter...it almost looks red! She doesn't like hair washing very much but she'll just have to bare with us...it's just another one of those things we must do!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We're looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Bill...it will be his first time to see Kate in person!!!

1 comment: