Well, today makes Kate 1 week and 4 days old....and changing every day. Since my last post, a lot has happened. We have had lots of fun visitors and LOTS of learning experiences getting to know our Kate.
We feel very lucky to report that she sleeps well at night...usually we start quieting the house around 8:30 and Kate sleeps from 10 or 11 pm until about 6 or 7 am with 1 feeding and usually a couple of shoo shoo diapers in between. She just snuggles right into her bassinet beside our bed and sleeps on through until she starts feeling hunger pains. Brad and I are getting better sleep now as we are getting more used to her sweet little peeps during the night. I am thankful for the gift of sleep and I am taking advantage of it while it lasts becuase there always seems to be natural regression in every good thing...maybe not though!
Another big event was Brad's return to work last Thursday. I have to admit...I was very nervous and upset at the thought of him not being here to help us and experience all of the wonderful things Kate does throughout the day. However, Brad's mom (Kate's Sissy) came to lend a helping hand and we all made it through. We really appreciate all of Fran's help and can't wait to get Kate to Fort Smith to see her Papa Den.
On Saturday, Abby and the kids came by for a very short visit. Sam had gotten a bit carsick on the way here and was not feeling well at all. I felt so terrible for Abby because she came all the way here and had to turn around and leave...we were really looking forward to their visit. However, the lesson I am learning right now is that when your children need you...you must do what it takes...and Abby is a wonderful mom in that way! We can't wait to see you all over 4th of July weekend!
On Saturday afternoon, Lucy (Kate's pseudo Aunt Lucy) came by for a visit. Kate was so happy to meet her and thought Lucy was so great that she took about a 2 hour nap in her arms. Kate (and Mom and Dad) thanks Lucy for the peaceful rest!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment