Well, we are heading to the hospital this evening around 5 to start the induction process. Tonight, I will be given a drug to soften my cervix and if that doesn't put me into labor, they will start Pitosin (sp?) early Wednesday morning. I can't believe we're going to get to have a baby some time tomorrow....well, I'm hoping it's tomorrow and not after midnight into Thursday, yikes!
I'm beginning to get nervous about the whole labor process. I really don't remember much from our childbirth class but I feel sure the nurses will help me through it....especially since they see it happen every day, sometimes several times a day! I have heard great things about the nurses at St. Johns and how they are very patient and thorough so that definitely puts me at ease.
Brad's mom and Dennis will be coming in early tomorrow morning and my mom is heading in today to keep an eye on things around our house and stay with Dixie while we're at the hospital. My dad and Brad's dad will be in Atlanta. We'll miss them very much but they'll be able to see her soon. Of course, we'll get pictures and phone calls out to them asap. I am hoping that she won't keep her Tulsa greeters waiting long. I am very anxious for her to meet her wonderful grandparents who have all been so kind to help us get ready for her arrival....and who have been patiently waiting almost as anxiously as we have!!! She's a lucky little gal!
Well, I better get back to the ironing...Brad's going to need some wrinkle-free clothes in the coming days and weeks and I have a feeling that neither one of us will have much time (or desire) for that kind of thing very soon.
Hope you're all having a great week! We'll talk to you soon!
Christmas 2025
6 months ago
Sarah and Brad,
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited to meet Miss Kate! Our prayers and thoughts are with you all! Let your parents know we are right here at the hospital if you need anything. We love you both and can't wait!
Love, Taylor and Bobby
Hey guys-
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to wish you both (actually three!) the best of luck, and let you know that Laura and I will be thinking of you over the next couple of days. It is such an exciting time! Kate is going to have a great set of parents.
All our best,
Nate & Laura
I just heard that she is here!! I saw the picture and she is beautiful...well done Sarah and Brad!
ReplyDeleteJose and I will be thinking of you all. Enjoy every minute that you have with that sweet baby...it will go by so fast!
Lucas will be happy to hear that the baby finally came out of that belly!