Friday, June 13, 2008

43 hours old....

Hi everyone! I'm making my first post as Kate's mommy! We have had a very exciting few days and all three of us are having such a great time learning about our new lives as a little family. We have had several visitors(Grandma DeDe, Bobby and Taylor, and Cousin Caroline), lots of phone calls and emails, and beautiful arrangements delivered to us in our room from Caroline, my friends at The Parent Child Center (where I worked) and my Aunt Sarah, Uncle Steve, Stephen and Tyler. Thank you all so much!!! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who care so much about us and our sweet Kate. I thought I would post a picture of a couple of Kate's fans and our beautiful flowers we are enjoying so much!

Speaking of Kate....she is a living doll! I don't think either of us have ever felt such happiness and love...it's really something I can't put into words. Absolutely amazing!!! I am very relieved to report that she is responding wonderfully to breastfeeding and is eating well...minus a few sleepy spells. She has had lots of wet and dirty diapers indicating a strong and healthy system.


I feel that I am dually blessed with a beautiful baby and a wonderful husband. Brad has been just as much of a mommy as I have been. He helps me feed her, change her, and comfort her...all while making sure I'm comfortable and pain-free. I'm so lucky!!! Here are a couple of pictures of Kate and her daddy...I can already tell she has him wrapped around her finger and vice versa!


The pediatrician and doctor both cleared us to go home tomorrow (Saturday) so that gave us all a little boost for sure! We are looking forward to several weekend visitors at home. My mom will be joining us again Saturday (to stay a few nights), Damian, Sherry, and Vivi will make a day trip over and also Brad's dad from Atlanta will be here. We are also looking forward to several visitors next week: Kate's Grandma Fran will be staying Wed. and Thurs. to help us and her Aunt Abby and cousins, Emma and Sam, will be here to visit. We can't wait for Kate to meet all of you!!!!


Thank you again to everyone for your prayers and thoughts. We truly are blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. She really is beautiful. Brad looks like a natural. You are very lucky to have both!
    Lucas pointed at Kate's picture and calls her "Ate". I think he already has a crush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she lovely! How are you all doing at home? Call us if you need anything? Can we bring dinner by this week?

    ReplyDelete