Yesterday, Kate had her first well-baby check up with her doctor (Dr. Le) and got a great report! When we left the hospital, Saturday, Kate weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was up to 7 lbs. 12 oz. at the visit. Dr. Le was very impressed with Kate's weight gain and I was very happy to be assured that I am providing plenty of nurishment for her little body.
The doctor also said that she believes Kate has sensitive skin and advised us to bathe her with water only...and Dove soap when she needs a good scrubbing. So...we did just that this morning and she LOVED her "bird bath" next to the sink. She's so sweet!!!
Activity Update: Kate is just now starting to like to look at all of her fun toys. She especially likes her Ocean Wonders fish tank. It plays lullabies and fish and bubbles move around. Any kind of music seems to calm her so Brad went and got her a CD player and some music to listen to while she eats and sleeps. To tell you the truth...I really enjoy it, too...especially when she is eating because we sometimes get bored all by ourselves! Ha! Also, I put her in her bouncy seat for the first time today while I dried my hair and Brad napped. She really liked it and reached to touch a small bear I had put on top of her blanket for her to look at....I think she must be a genius...hee hee!!! Nonetheless, it was really neat to watch her explore!
I wanted to post a picture of another special visitor we had Monday....my friend April! We worked together at The Parent Child Center before we both decided to stay at home (April's son Austin is 2) with our children. She brought us a yummy dinner of lasagna, spinach salad, garlic bread, and fruit pizza. Thank you so much April....it was all delicious and we appreciate it very much!!!
It's so great that you are keeping up dates on this blog. You won't even need a baby book if you keep it up! I love to get on about once a week to see how things are going, and I'm glad to hear it's going so well. She is a cutie!
ReplyDelete