Wow! Another month has come and gone. I think the first 3 months of her life felt like the LONGEST 3 months of our lives but since then, time is flying and I'm not so sure I'm crazy about that. She is definitely changing by the minute and becoming more like an independent little girl...booie hooie!!!
We literally do "climb the walls" around here!
"Gimme that camera!"
Some things she's doing and some of her favorites:
- Pulling up on the coffee table (and pretty much everything else) and reaching for anything she can get her little paws on. I would say she probably spends at least 3 hours a day (total) reaching for stuff on the coffee table.
- Reading books...turning the pages, tearing out the pages, talking to the characters, and of course chewing on the pages.
- Mommy's Favorite: When she is crying or upset (usually if she doesn't want to nap), I eventually pick her up to comfort her (if it sounds serious) and when her tears dry up she does this little jabber thing like she's getting on to me for her being so upset. It's so funny!!
- Waving bye-bye to Daddy when he leaves
- She goes to the computer every morning hoping to Skype with DeDe. If my mom calls us first, she gets so excied when she hears the computer ringing and hauls tail to get closer.
- She loves it when I have yogurt in the mornings because I let her finish the last little bit and she licks and licks those lips b/c it tastes so good!
- Cheerios, Puffs, cheese, cereal, all baby veggies and fruits, her sippy cup with water or formula, Mum Mums, and crackers are all favorite meal/snack foods.
- She makes the funniest face when I give her baby food meat. It stinks so bad and I don't blame her for not wanting it. She does seem to tolerate the Ham if she has to eat it...I usually at least try to get her to take a few bites at dinner time.
- When she is en route to do something I wouldn't approve of, she crawls really, really fast and stops to look and see if I'm going to follow her. Little stinker-roo!!
- Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....she loves her Daddy and gets upset when he doesn't come right to her when he comes home from work.
- She puts her binki in her mouth by herself. I know this because I will put her to bed without it (because she refuses it) and when I get her in the mornings, it's in her mouth.
- She loves her "pokey"...her polka dot blanket that's silky on one side and soft on the other. She rubs the silky side all over her face when she's in her bed trying to sleep.
- She loves stuffed animals (her friends) and snuggles, cuddles, and talks to them...so presh!! Before Kate, I always thought that stuffed animals were such a waste of money but she loves them so I buy them...gladly! And I will (gladly) give them to another baby when she's finished with them...they collect dust...ewww.
- She LOVES going to the grocery store. She could be in the worst mood and as soon as I put her in the cart, she's a whole new baby. When Brad and I go together and split up to look for different things she always stays w/ Brad and I can hear her halfway across the store jabbering at him and the people going by. It warms my heart.
- She claps and does a half-cry when I come get her from the playroom at the gym. It's like she realizes that I was gone and is sad but happy all at the same time!!
awwww...so much of those things take me back to my girls being little like that, esp the 'pokey'. they called their's 'silky' but loved to rub it on their faces when they were tired. i was devestated when they outgrew their silky and decided they didn't need it anymore.
ReplyDeletekate is such a cutie!
Love this post. She is such a busy girl these days. I hate that she has her first cold, but it will pass quickly. Just watch for the dreaded ear infection that sometimes follows a cold...ugh. Brock and Kate can dine on ham together...it is the meat that he "tolerates" too. :) TTYL
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet post Sarah. I love reading about Kate and how she is doing! Funny how much we can love our friends children! She is such a cutie. Part of me wishes Parker had some kind of attachment to something like a blankie or a stuffed animal. I just think it is so sweet seeing a baby really love something like that!
ReplyDeleteohhh, i love being able to "see" kate grow....she is so sweet. makes me miss that age....nothing but drama at my house these days-ha ha ha. my kids didn't like the babyfood meat, so to get them to even eat a bite, i had to "mix" it w/veggies-sorta worked! i hope she feels better soon
ReplyDeleteKate is so cute. This post made me miss Griffin being that age, although I don't miss meat baby food. G loved ham and veal the best, give veal a try. I won't eat veal myself but he liked it so well. Those colds are the worst, I miss baby decongestant which made colds more tolerable. Too bad they took them off of the market because parents couldn't follow directions.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the complement on the invitation. I LOVE stationary too. So fun. I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with the little poem for it. I am so excited for the party, G turns 2 and I turn 30 in the same weekend.
Hope Kate feels better soon!