We also got to do a little visiting. We had Nancy (our sweet, sweet neighbor) over for a drink on Friday night after dinner. We visited and went out to dinner with The Mathews on Saturday night. And, Fran (Brad's mama) came over Sunday to assist with our busybody (bet you can't guess who that is). Overall, it was a great weekend...we worked hard and played hard too!!
I hardly had time to get the camera out. Here are a few I took throughout the weekend.
I forgot to bring any toys for Kate (what was I thinking?) so she got to play with kitchen utensils for the first time. She liked to bang on the bowl and, of course, chew on everything. When Kate went to sleep, Brad threw a couple of Ribeyes (Brad got to choose the cut this time) on the grill and then Dixie got the leftovers....and she was soooo happy!! Brad and I were talking and we think steak night would be at the top of Dixie's list of "What I Miss About Not Living in a House Right Now".


On Saturday, Kate just busied herself by checking out EVERYTHING we were doing and packing. She found the hat/scarf/glove basket and pulled out a fuzzy hat that Brad's aunt made for me. Kate thought she was pretty funny wearing it around...and Dixie didn't know what to think of her sister's new "hair". Also, notice a common thread in most pictures of Kate: Anything she finds goes DIRECTLY into her mouth...we fished out some interesting things on Saturday. This is why we were elated when Sally offered to keep Kate Sat. afternoon. She took some wonderful pictures of Kate and Molly Kate playing so I hope to share those later. It's hard to imagine that their first playdate was when Kate was 2 months old and MK was 3 months old. We appreciate them keeping Kate busy at their house soooo very much!!! We also had help on Sunday (I know, we're spoiled). Fran drove up to keep Kate occupied while we finished up the packing. Kate had a great time playing with her Sissy, we were able to move about the house freely....and it's ALL finished!! We're so proud of ourselves and we'll be good to go when the movers come!!
The strangest thing happened while we were packing on Saturday. The buyer, his girlfriend, and their realtor showed up at our house UNANNOUCNED to go over the inspection report. I don't know about all of you but we never went to the house we're buying to go over the report. We were there for the actual inspection but not the inspection of the inspection report. Stupid. Anyway, we left the house to take Kate over to the Mathews and when we returned the three bottles (the realtor was drinking the water) below were in my trash can (which did not have a liner in it by the way). So....we saved them for the buyer and they will be strategically placed right in the path of their entrance upon closing. I mean, really, who goes over to a house that isn't even theirs yet and drinks. What a couple of losers...I already feel guilty for our beloved neighbor Nancy. We hope she doesn't have to deal with crap like this from the buyer.
Ok, I'm glad I get to end this post on a positive note!! I got my very first little blogger award. It's called the Great Attitude/Gratitude Award and was given to me by Sarah E. and Jen Mc two of my very faves but it would be silly to give them the award again, I think). Thank you guys for sharing this with me....so, so sweet!! I would like to pass the award on to:
Sherry, Beth, Laurie, Mary, Laura, Dawn, Haley, Kara, and Megan.
While I love reading ALL of the blogs on my favorites list (and then some) and think you all have a great attitude/gratitude, a girl has to have her very faves...so enjoy this little award girlies!!
A blog gift :)!!!! I am so excited! What is this for??? So confused, but so exciting. Love you and awww that Kate is so PRECIOUS!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, Glad you stopped by! Maui is gorgeous! I already miss it and I just got back. I'll probably be depressed for the next few days.lol! Little ole Van Buren is just not the same.
ReplyDeleteKate is so adorable! Those big blue eyes are just beautiful.
Congrats on your move! I can't believe the people came over and drank beer before the house is even theirs.....what nerve!
Tell everyone hi for me!! Kristen
yeah, that's weird!! kate keeps getting cuter.
ReplyDeleteSuch an honor....you gave me my very first blog award!!! So happy!
ReplyDeleteSo, Will and I have been laughing our arses off at the pic of Kate in the blue hat. When we came to that pic, Will said "What the hell is Kate wearing????" He is now calling it the blue fro.
surely you mean a different Beth? Good for her :)
ReplyDeleteI would be so sad to have to move out of the home I brought my babies home in...however I would be very excited for a new house!
Kate is so cute, she looked like she enjoyed packing.
I can't believe the buyer drank at your house...and then left their trash there...who does that?
hope your move goes well.
Ps if the award is for me - thank you. You totally deserved the award.
I was thinking what Beth was.....there must be another Dawn! What a neat award!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck w/ your move!
Awwww...thanks for the award, Sarah! We truly enjoy keeping up with y'all through your blog. Kate looked like she had fun with the kitchen toys. I love the one of her sticking out her tongue. She looked soooo adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteSarah...I have so many comments...
ReplyDelete1) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue hat picture!!
2) Kate looks like she is getting alot more hair all of a sudden.
3) Your blog looks adorable!! Love the re-design!
4)Good luck with the move...just think....you won't have to do this again for a VERY LONG time!
5) Thanks for the award!! I did not know that you could get blog awards or I would have stepped it up a notch!
Yay! Thanks for the award! I love your blog too!
ReplyDeleteThat is so strange about the buyers coming over.
ReplyDelete