
Yesterday, the pediatrician told me about a battery-powered aspirator (boogie sucker) that many of "his moms" rave about. So...I was out and about last night and stopped by Babies R Us to pick one up. Kate was already in bed when I got home but we used it this morning and it actually worked really well! I mean, it got way more than the bulb (and I could see what it collected in the clear snot collector) but not everything but I consider that a success....and it was just 20 bucks! It was well worth it for her not to struggle with eating her bottle this morning...the first bottle she's actually finished in a week b/c she could breathe better...yay!
I used it twice this morning. The first time was before her first bottle, right after I used the Little Noses saline. The sucker worked okay at that time but actually worked way better (got a lot more snotties) about forty-five minutes after I put the saline in...I think it had more time to break things up in there. So...if you're like me and get frustrated with the bulb-type aspirators, I would suggest you give this a try. It even plays music....very loud and quite uninteresting music I have to say, but you don't have to use that function if you don't want to.
Wow, I think I may have found a new gift to give at baby showers!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment is for the last post as well. I totally feel your pain about going to the dr when she justs has a cold...I would do that. I use to call because Kate wasn't pooping right...well what I thought was right. Plus, the ear infections are so scary for us as parents because we basically can do nothing to relieve them. I'm glad you found a doctor that indulges your concerns and doesn't brush them off.
ReplyDeleteAs for this device, I'm so going to check it out and tell my sister about it for her little boy...she loves to such her kids nose out. She hates the boogies. hee hee
Have fun at the races..bet on all of them so you are sure to win...I think you said you were going there???
Woo hoo! I can't wait to get and try it! :) We've been stuffy and coughing this week, too. Luckily, we had her 6-month checkup on Monday, so we got to see him when she was sick. Of course, nothing we can do, just let it run its course. No fever, just stuffy and coughy. She's feeling much better though now. How's Kate?
ReplyDeleteOh, and I remember your post about Kate and her jumping Nike's...and Caroline does the same thing! She's not all that interested in jumping barefooted, but Grammy put her pink Nike's on her today and she jumped more! ha!
Oh no, another gadget for me to pick up....Will will be thrilled.haha! Thanks for the review!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, for the reco...it does work! I found it at Walmart.
ReplyDeleteI will have to try this! You will have to try the grape boogie wipes that I blogged about! They are awesome too!
ReplyDelete