Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An Eventful Week Already!

It has already been a very busy week so far.

Monday morning, I was running into Kate's room to check on her...she slept in and it freaked me out so I wanted to make sure she was okay....and broke my little toe on the coffee table. Ouch!! It turned blue and then black by noon. It's feeling much better today so I'm thinking my decision to skip the doctor's visit wasn't too bad...ha! It worked out well because I had a lot of inside time to get laundry finished and make several phone calls I needed to make. Don't pay attention to my poor/ugly feet...a monthly winter pedicure is just one more thing that has NOT made the short list since Kate joined us...oh well!! Something that makes me laugh when I look at this picture: Kate tries to pick off that lonely island of red toenail paint on my big toe every time I have my socks off...funny girl!
On Tuesday, Kate and I headed to Fort Smith to see my Dad. He was in town for meetings and I didn't want Kate to miss out on seeing Gpa Bill. We were also super excited about seeing Abby, Ron, Emma and Sam during our visit. Then, we got a fun surprise...meeting Vivi and Sherry in Alma for dinner....they drove down to visit w/ Gpa Bill too!!! It was so great to see everyone...even if it was a very short visit.

Brad and Kate before we left for Fort Smith on Monday. Since Brad's office is so close, we get to see him every day for lunch..it's a nice break in our day.
When we got to Fort Smith, Sam was just getting home from school and Emma came home shortly after. They were so sweet with Kate. They both played and played with her. I wish I would have gotten a video of Sam talking with (and about) her...he is sooooo funny! And Emma is such a little smartie pants...her vocabulary is wonderful for just being in first grade. She told me that she just loved "Kate's enormous blue eyes". I love it...she's getting to be such a big girl!!
And, Normie wanted his picture taken. He's such a sweet boy!!
Emma and Grandpa Bill at The Cracker Barrel.
And here are Kate and Vivi. I can't get over how big and smart Vivi is getting. I wish we got to see her more but it's fun to see how much she's changed when we do!! Because Kate and I were sleeping (well, in theory) in Sam's room, he and Emma had a slumber party in Emma's room. Before bedtime, we all got in on the fun!! I said "in theory" because it would have been a perfect visit if Kate would have actually slept for more than 3 hours Tues. night. She was not having any part of sleeptime and we are very, very sleepy today. In fact, I'm going to hit the hay very soon.

My mom came back to OKC with us today. We will be moving our things here, closing on our house, and beginning renovations tomorrow so we are very grateful for her company and help with Kate!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my your toe...broken bones are no fun. Your brother looks just like your dad...so funny. Such cute little kiddos in your family. Glad you were able to enjoy time with your parents. Good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I hope your toe feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had an eventful week! You and your feet...you are always hurting that area of your body. I hope it heals soon. Just paint all the other toes red to go along with that one that Kate tries to pick off. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!!! Hope your toe is feeling better! I did that to mine last summer and then later on when my toe actually felt better, my toe nail fell off!! I hope that doesn't happen to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got to spend time with your family!!!! Love the Lux's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES!!! That toe looks painful! My stepmom has done that exact thing on their coffee table 3 or 4 times.

    Also, will you email me your address when you have a sec?

    ReplyDelete