Friday, February 20, 2009

Some things to note...

On Wednesday, I offered Kate some chopped carrots and apples. She seemed to really like them...especially the apples. The carrots kinda made her gag. I'm anxious to introduce more and more fruits, veggies and meats to her. She looks thrilled, huh? Gosh, I love that little face!!
Yesterday morning, Brad and I left OKC at 6:30am and headed for Tulsa. We met the movers there at 9 and got our house loaded up by 1, went to pre-sign for the close, and headed back to the house to finish the packing and were out of there at 4. I can't believe that it is someone else's house now....and I think he's a goob. Oh well, I apologized to our neighbor in advance for any dumb things he may do in the future.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of our movers....they were somethin' else. One of them was 65 and the other was 57. I know that's not "old" but they looked no younger than 70 and moved like they were 80. While they worked as hard as they could, they couldn't work very hard. Brad ended up moving more than they did. He's so sweet....he could have made them break their backs but didn't want to see that. Moral of the story: Pay the extra $400 to have professional movers instead of Father Time and his Assistant from who knows where.

We got back to OKC around 5:30pm to a big dinner (roast, potatoes, carrots) prepared by Kate and DeDe. It was delicious and we appreciated it so very much!! I took a picture of Kate and my mom this morning...Kate's so lucky to have such good grandparents!

Funny story: So, Brad drove the big truck and I got back to OKC before he did. In the meantime, he asked me to get him a rock. I assumed he wanted one to put under the tire of the truck and asked him just where I might find a "rock" and he said "try the hardware department at Walmart". I thought it was a little weird that he said hardware dept and not the garden dept. However, I went searching for a rock which I did not find but found some "tire stoppers" in the RV section and was pretty proud of my find. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, Brad called to let me know he was ready for me to get him (the sellers let us park the truck at the house until close time today). I told him I was on my way and that Walmart didn't have any "rocks" but I found something else for the tires. He said, "huh? what did you get for the tires?"...and here's the punchline..."I wanted a LOCK" Haaaaa!

6 comments:

  1. I thought a single lady bought your house?!?!? Who is the goob?

    PS- Hi Kate, I love you!!!

    Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I laughed out loud on that store story...That is so what I would have done. I'm all about professional movers...that way I can say - Here, there and watch it! and not feel guilty when it's my dad or my husb....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you took the tire stoppers back? Too funny! I am glad the moving went well. Professional movers are the way to go if you can afford it. We have been spoiled in our moves and Nick's company does it all. If I ever have to do it myself I won't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April - I agree that it's so much easier when the company sets it up but they just gave us a lump sum relo package. So....I decided to get crafty and save some money by hiring movers but not professional movers. Big mistake and lesson learned! Ha!!!

    p.s. Just call me if the next move isn't set up for ya...I'll tell you what NOT to do..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is adorable!! what a beautiful daughter and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah...you mom looks so good!
    Good luck with the unpacking...that's always the hardest part!
    That is too funny about the rock! It reminds me of us going to shop for Barcels!!

    ReplyDelete