Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back from the Doctor's Office

Well, we got in to see our new Pediatrician today (Dr. Crittenden). He talked to Kate for a minute, told her he liked her outfit (huh?) and asked what her symptoms were. I proceeded to tell him: stuffy nose, dry cough, sneezing. He asked, "Fever?" No. "Lack of appetite?" Definite no. "Sleeplessness?" No. "Still playing?" Yes. That's when I got an ever so slight, "And why did you feel the need to bring her in?" type of look, but he played along well and humored me with a complet look-over. After he had checked Kate thoroughly (eyes, ears, nose, bobo, tummy) and come up with NADA....well, a classic cold is what he named it.

So....that's all it is folks. I am, however, still paranoid that it will turn into an ear infection at a later date....seems like all my Mom/Blog Friends tell the tale of the slight sickness turning into a serious sickness. However, she is fine for now....thank goodness.

I think I am really going to like this doctor. I was talking to another mom in the waiting room and she gushed about how much they love him and that he was, interestingly enough, also her husband's ped. Also, while stumbling over my words to explain why I wanted to bring her in....b/c she's getting to spend Valentine's Day with her Sissy and Papa (Brad and I are going to HS to watch some horses run)....and I didn't want to leave a sick baby for the weekend, he assured me I had little to worry about and then told me stories of how he and his wife used to always head to Hot Springs in the Winter/Spring for the races. So....we were definitely on the same page. Nice.

By the way, she weighed 21.2 lbs today...a whole pound and an ounce more than last month. Gracious!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad Kate just has a cold! Watch out for fever. That is "the sign" that you should see the doctor (means there is an infection, etc.). And make sure you have Motrin handy. I find it works much better than Tylenol and a lot of moms I've talked to have said the same thing. Have fun at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's no more than just a cold!! Will be praying that it doesn't get any worse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was just a little cold. We all have it in our house. We alternate the Motrin and Tylenol for fever. Good luck and I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear she is doing better! Brad and I are also headed to HS today! Wish we knew, we could have gotten together....hope you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the races! We didn't do too well, but hopefully you will come out better.

    ReplyDelete