Then, on Saturday morning, we kissed our sweet baby girl goodbye and jumped in the car en route to Hot Springs. Lucy, Brad and I had a very fun time but I have to admit, I just can't do it like I used to. I'm still feeling sluggish from trying to..ha!
We stayed at my parents' condo on Lake Hamilton and tried to get a group "before" pic. It didn't work out too well but I thought it was too funny not to post. Brad was taking this..ha!
This is a picture of the first ticket I cashed....$55!!! I was on a hot streak and although we didn't win anything, we didn't lose anything. We ended up paying for our day with the winnings....when drinks are $5 a piece and lunch for the three of us (which was 2 sandwiches) $20...that's pretty good if you ask me!!!
And here we are in the Owner's Box. Brad was in the drink line and told us to go ahead and head outside if we wanted to and he would find us. So....he found us in the Owner's Box. We had no idea that's where we had planted ourselves (it looked like every other set of concrete steps there)but it gave Brad a good laugh that we had obliviously wandered through a gate with a sign on it that said HORSE OWNERS ONLY. Guess the good seats brought us luck b/c while we were sitting here, we watched French Kiss win the race (right at the finish line, of course)...she was a long-shot, so Lucy and I cashed a good one on that race too...Yay!!
After the races, we went out on the town. We started at Smiley's and then went to Doe's for a bite to eat...we were STARVING!! It was a fun, fun time even though we were missing our Kater-poo.
While we were away gambling and acting like we were in college again, Kate spent her first Valentine's Day with her Sissy and Papa. They had a big time and took Kate to pick out a few books for Valentine's Day...she loves them!! Thanks to them for taking such good care of our angel so that we could get away....we REALLY appreciate it so much!!!
Sitting in the owners box, eh? Too funny!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a blast!
what a fun weekend!!! Oh, and we made a trip to the pharmacy and got Parker his very own snot sucker and it works like a charm! We think he has a cold right now so he is extra snotty. He hates that bulb thing but seems to tolerate this new one so thank you for the tip.
ReplyDeleteI bet it was hard being away from Kate...but atleast you and Brad had a good time!!! You need time here and there for just "you and Brad"!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling..."can't do it anymore". I didn't have Brax this weekend, so went to the lake with Piper and Stacy, well yeah you know what happened. I tell you what it is not worth it..haha!
Glad you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteHey! We are looking forward to a weekend like that in a few weeks...Caroline-free. Our 10th anniversary is 3/13, and we are thinking of going to OKC! We want to spend the night and hang out downtown...any ideas on good places to stay or fun things to do...other than get drinks? Let me know if you have any ideas! :)
ReplyDelete