Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Budding Friendship

I have been waiting over 4 months for these sweet kind of moments between Kate and Dixie. Prior to several weeks ago, Kate didn't even notice Dixie was among us and now she can't get enough of her. Dixie seems to enjoy and welcome this new attention from his soon-to-be best buddy and we love watching their interactions. And I will add that Kate has now begun "scooting" herself to get places she want to go. She can't go far, but she inches and inches until she reaches what she wants. It's just amazing how she is changing every day. She'll be a few inches from her fishies (who are now out of her crib because they were disturbing her sleep) and I'll look up a few minutes later and she'll have her face pressed right into it. Here are a couple of pictures from last night. Kate was determined to get closer to Dixie....and eventually she did! These pictures were taken over a span of time of about 15 minutes. Way to go Kate!
Kate was lying on the floor playing while Brad and I had dinner. Dixie came and laid down beside where she was playing with her "lovey" (the soft pink thing on her back). We don't know how the lovey ended up on Kate's back...just one of her many magic tricks I guess.

Dixie decides to go to sleep and Kate continues her quest.

Kate decides to go take a rest too.

After her rest, Kate got a little upset that she wasn't closer to Dixie. I guess she thought that with all her work she should surely be closer...ha!! After letting us know about her discouragement, Brad helped by moving her more in the right direction. After that, she looked over at me to see if I was seeing what was happening!

Dixie decides to give Kate a sniff...and let her know she's glad she came to visit.

And, finally, Kate gets what she wants!! And her hand is under Dixie where she can feel her fur...JACKPOT!!

Ok...enough about that. Here is a picture of Kate before our walk this morning. The three of us (me, Dixie, and Kate) have been walking up and down the parking garage for the past two days because it's so windy and chilly on the sidewalks outside. And...the sprinkler incident on Tuesday made the parking garage more attractive too. So...we walk around and around and then back down...it's a good little workout for me. I thought she would be okay without a hat since we would be in the garage but once we got out I knew we needed it. So...here's Kater-poo in her new hat!

3 comments:

  1. how sweet was that!!!! I dream of the day Parker and Kota become friends. Right now Kota only seems genuinely interested when Parker is eating...mooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that last picture with kate and dixie could just melt your heart!! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new hat! Her and Dixie will be best buds! Sorry about calling by accident today....I will start using my key guard! :)

    ReplyDelete