Let me begin this post by saying that God is good. Brad and I have been blessed in so many ways this year and we give Him thanks. We have an amazing relationship, a beautiful daughter, so many loving family members and friends and the sweetest Dixie-dog in the world! We had a very busy weekend and an exciting Monday so here is what we've been up to:
On Friday we headed to Fort Smith to stay the night with Brad's parents so Kate could get settled with them in preparation for her first night away from us. So....we stayed Friday night and Kate did fine (other than the extreme dislike of Papa and Sissy's tub...it's a mystery to us but she HATES it) and Brad and I got up Saturday morning, ran by Lucy's for a visit and came back to Tulsa. Our friend, Matt, was in Tulsa looking at cars so we got to meet up with him and his friend for lunch. I had 2 glasses of wine at lunch (hee hee...crazy, I know) and came home and CRASHED on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. Then, we got up and ready and went to Taylor and Bobby's wedding. It was so sweet and so beautiful...the reception was at a lodge overlooking a lake and was absolutely breathtaking. Then we headed home and sat on our front porch together like we used to do all the time before sweet Kate came along. Brad enjoyed a cigar his dad had sent him.

On Sunday, we got up and headed BACK to Fort Smith to get Kate and let me tell ya...I couldn't get there fast enough...I was so ready to see her!! It was, by far, a lot harder for us than it was for her. She was safe and sound...and so happy with her Papa and Sissy...thank you both so much! It was great to have a day with Brad.
After we got Kate we went to Josh and Megan's to visit them and take them a gift for Baby Hayes. He should be here some time in mid-November (he's due Nov. 14---my bday!!) and we're so anxious to meet him. Kate had fun looking at all of his cute little clothes and gorgeous nursery. She also had fun watching Truman...check out the pic. Doesn't Megan look SO cute...it's just not fair that she looks so wonderful and is 8 months prego!! 
Then we headed to Michael's 3rd bday party!!! He's our Godson and we love getting to be a part of his life...especially his fun birthdays...they are just as fun for the adults! Mel and Todd always cookout and we get to visit with lots of friends and their family. Here are some pictures from Michael's big day...he is so precious!!!




We got back to Tulsa around 9pm Sunday evening and hit the hay for a busy Monday....today!! It was a very busy day indeed. We got up and cleaned the house and Brad mowed because a realtor was showing our home to a lady who had also looked on Friday. So...we wanted it to be extra clean. And the best part of our Monday was Kate's 4 month check-up but that deserves its own post so I won't include all of her stats here. And the second best part of our Monday....we sold our house!!! Our realtor came over with an offer from a buyer, we countered and they accepted!! We are so happy!!!...and SO grateful...it was only on the market for a week!!!
Now, the only thing that will make this week even better is when my parents get back to the states safely. I haven't talked to them in 8 days now and am having some withdrawals. It's bad enough that I don't get to see them as much as I used to since they moved to Atlanta but I miss our chats. Anyway, they'll be back soon and life will be normal again....until we up and re-root in OKC!!
I can't believe you sold your house in one week. You are so blessed! I still can't get over how pretty Kate is. I've decided that she looks like a porcelain baby doll.
ReplyDeletecongratulations on selling your house. I didn't realize that Kate and LUke were basically the same age, he will be 4 mos on the 19th. Time flies.......
ReplyDeleteSarah!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I mean....I knew you would have absolutely no trouble selling your house because it is so cute...BUT ONE WEEK! That is amazing. CONGRATS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news! I bet that is a huge relief for you all. We put our sign in our yard yesterday and showed it last night. The couple loved it so maybe we will have the same kind of luck. It's moving time!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
ReplyDelete