Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 Months Ago Today...

...our Kate was born!! It has been a very busy and exciting time for us...and we've loved every minute. We feel so lucky that we have Kate. She fits right into our family....almost as if she's always been with us.

She is very, very busy these days. She is sitting up very well...only falls over every once in a while. When she does fall, it's more painful for me than for her I think. She's never been a complainer...only lets us know when she's hungry or sleepy....and falling flat on her nose doesn't get her too worked up either. We think she is also getting very close to learning how to crawl. She gets on all fours and rocks back and forth and can get into the crawling position from sitting. Here is a sequence of pictures to demonstrate how she does this. By the way, she is so enthralled with her picture album because I switched out the pictures this morning before she got up and she had new material to check out.




Some other things she is doing at this stage:
  • Says "da da da" and "ma ma ma" and likes to make the "thhhh" sound, especially when slobber shoots out.
  • Still LOVES being sung to. She has started singing along with the music in the car too.
  • She wimpers when we leave the room. I'm trying to do exercises (like peek-a-boo and hide the toy under the blanket) to teach her that just because she can't see something doesn't necessarily mean it's gone forever. She's getting better and better at it.
  • She loves playing patty cake and singing songs with hand motions. The other day we were in Hobby Lobby and an elderly lady came up and was talking to Kate and me and said, "Does she know Patty Cake?" and just as I was saying, "Oh, she watches me do it but she can't do it yet", she started clapping and then threw her hands in the air. I was, of course, speechless but chalked it up to coincidence b/c I really don't think she's able to know that yet. However, I could be wrong...who knows.
  • She adores Dixie and would love to give her kisses every minute of the day. Unfortunately for her, we don't let her give her many kisses at all...sorry Kate.
  • When she's sitting next to me on the floor, she uses my legs to pull herself up and over.
  • She gets really excited when she sees her bowl and spoon or bottle...she loves mealtime!!!

Happy 6 month Birthday, Kater-poo...we love you!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She's such a sweetie, and it makes me sad to think Caroline will be 6 months before too long! Happy and sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I'm tagging you...check out my blog for more info. Hope you don't mind... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Kate is absolutely adorable! :) She's getting so big! She looks like such a happy girl. I love checking in on her. I hope things are going well over your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...how has it already been 6 months????? She is changing so much lately. I hope I get to see her (and of course you and Brad) over Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy HALF a YEAR KATE!!!!! you are TOO precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she is already 6 months! Time goes by fast. I have had so much fun shopping for our little girl so far! You never told me how fun shopping for her would be! :)

    ReplyDelete