Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kate's First Music Class


Kate and I attended our first Kindermusik class today and I can say that I highly recommend it as a fun mom/baby activity. Kate has always responded so well to music and I thought this would be a fun activity for her. Thankfully, I was right...she LOVED it!! She showed off her new skills of clapping and patting, she got to shake jingle bells in rhythm with the song Jingle Bells, she got a baby massage to Oh Holy Night, she patted a drum to Little Drummer Boy, we rolled a ball to another Christmas song, and we wiggled and danced to Santa Claus is Coming to Town. She loved doing all of the activities but mostly loved watching the other babies in the class. She really hit it off with Lily, who was sitting next to us. I am so excited to begin our weekly class in January.
Also, I have FINALLY joined a gym and she will go to the Kids Club every time I work out. Today reassured me that she'll be just fine because she was so interested in all the other people that she didn't even really realize I was even there. I think she'll enjoy doing something fun with the other babies and teachers while I'm working out, too. Our first appointment is tomorrow, so we'll see how she reacts to me leaving her to play with someone else...wish us luck!!

3 comments:

  1. I just have to say I'm so, so, so jealous of you! :) Makes me sad that I don't get to do "extra" fun stuff with Miss Caroline! Guess I've gotta make the most of the few hours a day we get! :(

    (really not meaning to complain...I have a great life!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that sounds like sooo much fun! I bet you are going to find all kinds of neat stuff to do with Kate now that you are in a big city...not that Tulsa wasn't big, but OKC seems much bigger to me for some reason. I also think Kate will really love that time with the other kiddies while you work out. If she has half the personality you do I am sure she'll make tons of friends tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool Sarah!!! Makes me look forward to all the things for us to do here. I am going to jump right in after the holidays. So jealous of you right now woman...Brock I have been stuck inside the last couple days due to the cold weather.:)

    ReplyDelete