Even though I don't really watch Oprah anymore, I saw a commercial advertising her "Favorite Things" show that is coming up. So...I decided to make note of Kate's favorite things at this stage in her life (6 mo. 1 wk. old).
This first picture was taken yesterday morning before I woke her up. Since we are beginning some different activities, I am working to get her on a very solid schedule....which means waking her up some times. It was actually pitch black in her room but this picture makes it look like daytime. Anyway, she is holding on to two of her very favorite things: her polka dot blanket and her yellow afghan. She sleeps with both every night and seems comforted by each.

And here she is with her two best friends: Ellie the Elephant and Sophie la Giraffe (she's French). As you can maybe tell by the second picture, she and Ellie have a love-hate relationship. While Kate LOVES chewing on Ellie, her trunk frequently gags her. She doesn't quite understand this and looks at me like, "what the heck?"...oh well, those things will come with time. And then there is Sophie...oh, Sophie how we love you. Kate tells all of her secrets and Mommy and Daddy's juicy gossip to Sophie. When she and Sophie are alone, you should hear Kate....she just talks and talks and talks. She also loves chewing on Sophie b/c she's soft and rubbery and squeaks when she bites hard. So funny! And Kate's third BFF is Henry the Hippo. While she likes playing with the rings and textures on Henry, she mostly loves the big, huge tag (you know, with the washing instructions) that hangs from him.



A few more of her favorite things: her binky (usually, only during sleep times), her bedtime light show, her BA BA (bottle)...she gets SOOOO excited when she sees anything that remotely resembles one, baby food, listening to herself talk and make noises, the Baby Bjorn, books, looking at herself in mirrors, Dixie, and there are many more but those are the ABSOLUTE faves.
I'm SO looking forward to finding out more of Caroline's faves. I've tried to get her interested in a "lovey" (you know, one of the small, plush blankies), but she's just not ready for it yet. We like to pretend that "George" (as in Curious George) is her best friend, but that's just a show, I think. How old was Kate when she started rolling over? I'm worried b/c Caroline HATES tummy time, therefore she doesn't have the opportunity to roll from tummy to back. She is so stinkin' happy just laying on her back. We are trying to get her to sit upright with her boppy. She absolutely LOATHES the Bumbo, though. As my friend mentioned...Would you like a giant foam thing shoved up between YOUR legs? (sounds a little gross, huh?)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm just trying to guage when I should expect to see the same things that Kate is doing from Caroline...just one more thing to obsess over as a Mommy! :)
Good idea!!!!! I tried to keep up with all of that in Braxton's baby book...but I think I am way behind!
ReplyDeleteThe elephant cracks me up. Braxton did the same thing when he was Kate's age. They figure it out really quick. Have a great weekend Sarah! Hope to see you guys soon.
How neat! Thank you for sharing the list. I was thinking about the giraffe for Luke (it's unisex, right?) but I didn't know if he could chew on it. I can't find them anywhere around here. Luke LOVES the jumparoo - Kate only liked it a little, but he LOVES it. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious post! I'm afraid I'm going to have to copy you. I love the idea! If only we could all profit from our favorites like Oprah...and get all of her faves too! Hope you all have a merry christmas. we may see you at church if you go to ctk on christmas eve!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post...I swear she is like a little model...she takes the sweetest pictures. Lucas just crawled up on the couch and kissed her picture!
ReplyDelete