Due to the overwhelming response (well, overwhelming for me anyway) to the almost-disaster at our household, I wanted to assure you all that I have taken a little bit of everyone's advice. I also felt a little better about myself when I read that some of you have done something similar.
When we venture out into the cold, cold air, I'm going to get a microwave-able steamer Jen. I will not use the boiling method any longer. I also will stay away from the steamer bags. I'm with you Dawn, I have (several times) burned the crap out of my hand with the bags...glutten for punishment, I guess. Anyway, the Thomas household is going to get a lot more safe and less painful!!
Kelli, haven't you experienced a fire with me before? Like ten years ago when we tried to make these potatoes that we saw on Emeril in Emily and Lauren's apartment??? That one wasn't completely my fault so I wouldn't go so far as to call myself dangerous.
Also, Mary inquired about what Brad thought about the whole ordeal. In response to her question, he handled himself VERY well. So well, that I'm just waiting for my "talking to"...I haven't heard a peep out of him so far. He must have gotten how badly I felt about what I had done. For those of you who don't know Brad very well, he's a real safety buff. I like to call him our Hall Monitor or Fire Marshall Brad (Kate may not ever be able to enjoy a "real" Christmas tree due to the fire hazard a real tree poses). He says it's because safety was ingrained in his head during his past jobs as an Engineer in refineries. I think it just comes with the Brad package...he's a little funny about a lot of things. But... weLOVE him very, very much...and know that he could probably name a million funny things I do!!
Thanks for all the comments! I love reading your thoughts about my thoughts and love reading all of your blogs. too. We, too, are glad the incident wasn't any worse. Hope you all have a GREAT and safe day!!!
Christmas 2025
6 months ago
Wow, Sarah, I'm behind a day or so, but I'm glad you guys are safe and sound! I could see myself doing that - when I boil a new package of nipples to sterilize them Zach always yells at me that "they're boiling!".
ReplyDeleteWow, what a small world! I can't believe Dennis is your (step)FIL. Times at Sparks were rough(he came into a tough situation when he took over our dept) when I worked for him. When I resigned, I was the 3rd person in as many weeks, so he wasn't too happy with me at that time, but I enjoyed working with him while I did.
ummm...i seem to remember something like that fire. it is a bit fuzzy but i'm sure that doesn't suprise anyone.... if it makes you feel any better, i've gotten up in the morning, twice now, to find candles still burning from the night before.
ReplyDelete